S1 - Ep 13: Betrayed and Alone [Revised]

[Opening Song: Kyouran Hey Kids – By: The Oral Cigarettes]

[Season One Finale: Betrayed And Alone]

They were confused. What they had witnessed... it was strange. Bizarre even. They had staked out the forest for some time, knowing full well that it would give them the chance to be caught. But they didn't care.

All they cared about was freedom. They had practiced the route to their freedom time and time again. It didn't help that their training to be a warrior to defend their home from The Interloper had helped in that procedure. While the rest of their siblings had been languishing in suffering and slavery, they were special.

They knew they were special. Of course, they would be. While they weren't the first, they were the most perfect. They had complete control over their body and faculties. The same couldn't be said for their siblings. They were slow and only listened to orders. Something they would have to change when they came back to their home.

Some might question their choice to only free themselves. But, the answer to that was simple. They couldn't carry everyone else on their back. They had to do what needed to be done. They had to go it alone. At least, until they had help.

They had two viles of Titan's blood on their person, one they had stolen off him when he had gone to torture them for answers, which had led them to their escape. Answers to what, exactly, they didn't know. Maybe he thought they had done something, but they honestly had no idea what it was he was going on about.

Regardless, they got what they needed, and it was enough for one trip to the human realm, which they used, and one trip back. They would save that for when they found who it was who could help them. They and their siblings. For the time being, however, they needed a place to live. They had no home at the moment, and while the rain here was not acidic, it was not good for their body.

Vee, in all reality, was not safe in this new realm. She knew that much. It was foreign, and while there was magic here—which was weird, because it was said humans didn't have magic—She couldn't eat it. Sure, She could eat other foods, and it satiated her, but it had nothing on magic. That, and eating street rats was not what she had expected to be doing to survive.

It had been a week since she escaped that place and fled to the forest in The Human Realm—which she promptly left. Vee, quite frankly, was glad that she had. What she heard on the "radio" as it was called was that the forest had burned down not too long after she had left that place, and the fires that were raging were only contained when it was too late. Most of the forest was destroyed, and the person who had been running the camp, Governor Rodger Maxwell, was found dead in his prison cell, subject to some kind of poison that had been unidentified.

Vee was more than a little worried about what had happened. She had gone from one place in strife and conflict to another. But at least here, she wasn't a slave. That was probably the only upside to this whole thing. Better to be free than a slave, as the saying noted.

But, what was Vee? Well, Vee was a Basalisk. She could shift into whatever she wanted, so long as she had the energy to do so. Right now, she was shifted into a human. This specific human was one of the dead at that camp. Someone by the name of "Hilbert." Though, due to her gender, she looked like a female. So, "Hilda" would be more appropriate for a name.

It was a little strange. She was so used to slithering around on her massive tail, seeing as she was never allowed to transform, lest she was beaten. She had been practicing in secret, and now she was here because of that practice. The clothes she was wearing were stolen from a dumpster—a basic yellow shirt and blue pants—but it would do for now. Her travel from the forest to Gravesfield was a lengthy one, and also tiring.