S1 - Ep 5: The First [Revised]

[Opening Song: Kyouran Hey Kids!! – By: The Oral Cigarettes]

[The First]

"Luz Noceda. A pleasure to finally make your acquaintance. It's time that we've had a little chat." As those words left The Mysterious Man's mouth, Luz couldn't help but feel more than a little trepid about him. Her inner "stranger danger" alarm blared like a warning siren during an air raid, signalling to her to stay away from this man, as if he were some kind of threat.

Just by looking at him, she knew that was the case. The moment she laid eyes on him was the moment she knew that something was off about him. But there was just something about him that she couldn't shake. Something that she couldn't quite figure out. Something that made her inherently curious about the man, and allowed her to, at least partially, drop her guard around him. As if she knew inherently that he wouldn't lay a finger on her.

Yes, it was obvious that he was dangerous. He was a threat. But she knew, instinctively, he was not a threat to her. And it all came down to how he appeared in front of her. From his relaxed expression to his inviting tone of voice, to the fact that he hadn't moved even an inch from where he sat. And while he had a rather uncomfortable aura around him, to her, he didn't seem that bad.

Besides, there was also the fact that she had been here before. She had been in this exact spot, facing these exact thrones on the exact same platform, standing in the exact same position. The only difference was that now, there sat a man in one of the thrones. The only thing missing was the strange, ominous presence in the void-like room. And, if she had to guess.... "You're that presence from before. The one that shot me out of this place yesterday. You said something to me in Japanese back then. What was it? I couldn't understand you."

The man hummed, his thin-lipped smile widening ever-so-slightly, a hint of amusement in his eyes. "Ah, so you didn't forget. I would have assumed you would have. Very well. I told you to wake up, and that your fate awaits you," the man said as Luz raised an eyebrow.

"My fate?"

"Yes, Luz. You're fate," The man continued, before gesturing to the throne next to him, Luz looking over at it with a hint of suspicion. "Which is preciously what I wish to talk to you about. More specifically, the role in which you will serve to play. In order to do that, however, I advise you to take a seat."

Luz's stare lingered on the throne, a combination of emotions running through her all at once, all of which were positive. It was inviting, to say the very least. It also looked insanely comfortable. From the deep red cushions and armrests to the fact that it sat just high enough off the ground that it would make her feel tall, and to the fact that her body ached all over, she could really go for a sitdown right about now.

But, a part of her, the same part of her that was warning her to stay away from the man, told her that sitting next to him would be a bad thing. Her gut instinct, so to speak, and it had yet to be wrong. She looked back to the man, her expression containing a bit of defiance as she spoke. "I prefer to stand."

"Very well," the man said, straightening his posture, seeming entirely nonplussed about the whole ordeal. However, as he straightened his posture and adjusted how he sat, Luz noticed a shift in his body language. A slight one, but one nonetheless. She had learned from a young age that body language was an important thing to decipher during conversations. Years of being bullied and tolerating what was essentially borderline abuse from her classmates forced her to learn such a thing.

The way his body shifted from a calm, relaxed, hardly concerned individual offering up information to someone who was more upfront and business-like caused Luz to feel slightly more tense than when she had first shown up here. Wherever "here" was, exactly. She knew it was a dreamscape seeing as the only times she had been here she had fallen asleep, but that was about it.