S1 - Ep 10: The Raging Flames of Battle [Revised]

[Opening Song: Kyouran Hey Kids!! – By: The Oral Cigarettes]

[The Raging Flame of Battle]

Luz had no time at all to avoid the flaming helicopter kick that was aimed directly at the right side of her head. The best she was able to do was quickly move her arms up to block it. As the side of Cody's foot made contact with the two forearms that made the block, a burning sensation coated her arms as she bit back the pained howl that was building up in her throat, all the while she was launched to the side, slamming into the side of the tree closest to her.

Her arms slumped to her side, the flames coating her hands as Vines sprouted in an attempt to smother the fire—which barely worked, mind you. Luz had no idea what she was supposed to do in this situation, further compounded by the fact that Cody did not let up. As a matter of fact, he pressed forward, grabbed her by the throat, picked her up, and launched her into the air with a throw that no human should have been able to pull off without some form of super strength. Yet, Cody managed it.

For what felt like an eternity, Luz found herself floating in the air. For the split second that gravity did not permit her existence on solid ground, she was able to catch the bloodlust in Cody's eyes. It was ravenous, like a predator looking for food, and that now it had found its prey, it decided to wear it out. Play with it for a while until it was ready to eat.

And that terrified her.

Instead of floating there and doing nothing, in the split second that it took for Cody to seemingly begin to crouch down to propel himself up to her, Luz, despite her badly burned hands, flexed her charred fingers, biting down on her tongue to prevent her scream from slipping out. Cody stared up at her, incredulously, almost as if to tell her that what she was doing was stupid.

She knew that, but, she had to try something. As the vines extended, rather than go for Cody himself, they diverted to the two trees surrounding him. With relative and shocking ease, her vines ripped the trees out from the ground, shocking Cody, as they were thrown in his direction, all the while Luz was able to land on her feet, if only for a moment, before quickly falling to a knee as her chest burned with pain.

The two trees came dangerously close to Cody, and in response, he crouched into a ball, and second later, he sprung out from his balled-up form, as a burst of flame exploded out from his body like a bomb, blowing the trees up into shrapnel. Some of the scattered pieces of bark and wood stabbed into his shoulders and back, though they immediately caught on fire and turned to ash, the shallow puncture wounds being cauterized immediately afterward.

Luz, however, did not let that stop her from immediately acting while he was momentarily distracted, shooting out her vines toward the nearest large rock, wrapping her vines around it, pulling it out of the ground, and throwing it Cody's way in an attempt to smack him upside the head. Cody, in response, stuck his hand out toward the rock, blasted one ball of fire at it, and destroyed it into pieces.

Before Luz could follow it up with something, Cody cleared the distance between himself and Luz and threw an uppercut, hitting her directly in the jaw, and sending her off the ground. Before she could try and reorientate herself, Cody blasted her with a short-range burst of flame, the propulsion of which sent her back down to the ground, before being immediately stomped on by Cody smack in the center of her torso.

The force of the stomp caused her to spit up a few specks of saliva, mixed with blood. Her vision immediately blurred, only catching the rye smirk on Cody's face. "Is this all you've got?" Cody mocked, drilling the heel of his shoe into her, which let the pained wail escape her lungs, prompting Cody's smile to grow wider.