New Kid, Same Drama

A/N timelines may a differ a little.

Just go to school.

Hide in the library.

Do not talk to Steve.

It will be alright.

Charlie had been telling himself all morning. He absolutely couldn't get Steve Harrington or their almost kiss, out of his mind. He needed a distraction. Anything. Anyone.

"leaving?" Charlie almost jumped at the voice. He turned around and saw El standing at his door.

"yeah.... I have school from today on. But I would be back by evening."
He walked over to her kneeled down in front of her. He carefully moved the curls from her face and said.

"Just don't go anywhere while I'm gone okay?"

"Sad." El said. "You look sad."

Charlie chuckled at that. She was right of course.

"Maybe a hug would fix it." he opened his arms and El hugged him without hesitation. Charlie sighed into the hug and reminded himself he had something to fight for. He was given a second change at being a big brother.

"See you later." he kissed the top of her head and left for school.

Charlie went to school in his jeep. He had just parked it when he saw not so far away - Steve Harrington's car. Great just what he wanted. He got out, ready to run inside the school when he saw Steve lean in and kiss Nancy. His heart clenched despite knowing it shouldn't matter to him.

Charlie was too distracted to see a camaro roared into his path. The driver skillfully parked it missing him by a perhaps and inch. Anger bubbled in him.

"Watch where you're going asshole." Charlie yelled as someone stepped out of the car. A small girl, red head, bit back a smile and skated away.

The driver of the camaro was a very handsome blonde guy. He could've passed for cute if hadn't almost killed Charlie.

"What was that?" he asked.

"Why, are you deaf? " Charlie retorted.

The blonde chuckled.

"Here I thought I could start my first day at new school without any bloodshed."
He smiled at Charlie.

Charlie scoffed "oh trust me Ken doll, I start every year with bloodshed."

Then without a backward glance he started walking away.

"Hey, Billy Hargrove."

Charlie around, still walking backwards and replied.

"Don't care."

Billy chuckled again.

Steve watched the whole interaction from afar. Nancy stopped Charlie halfway.

"Hey? You Okay? What was that about?"
She asked. Charlie looked pointedly at her, not once glancing at Steve.

"Hey Nance, it was nothing."

"No because it looked like you were about to pick a fight?" Nancy crossed her arms.

"No of course not. I'm going to be a model studen this year, remember?" Charlie grinned at her.

Yeah, as long as someone doesn't decide to disrupt his peace of mind.

Nancy smiled and shook her head. Steve frowned.

"He is not giving you any trouble, is he?" Steve asked and Charlie finally met his eyes, immediately regretting it.

"Even if he is, I can handle myself. Don't sweat about it Harrington." Charlie said seriously and bid goodbye to the two.