Cigarettes And Kisses

Charlie doesn't even realize what's happening for the first few seconds. Steve pushed Billy away from him and against the wall. He gripped the blondes collar.

"What the fuck did you do to him?" Steve yelled. Charlie cringed. He couldn't deal with so many things one after the other.

Billy laughed as if Steve's fury was amusing to him.

"...Steve..." Charlie tried but in a single push Billy threw Steve off him. Yeah, Steve is never gonna win a fight against Billy. Steve was about to pounce when Charlie stepped in between the two.

"That's enough! " he shouted. "Nothing happened, Billy didn't do anything and even if he did I can hold my own, Harrington."

"Charlie you don't understand - he was hanging out with Tommy. H, you know what that means. He's plotting something against you." Steve tried desperate for Charlie to understand.

"Reminds you of someone else?" Charlie asked. Steve sighed.

Billy took few steps and picked up two backpacks from the floor.

"I got your bag. Come on." He said and walked out of the bathroom, certain that Charlie would follow him.

Steve looked at Charlie who took a few steps backwards, he gulped as if he wanted to say something, then turned around and followed Billy.

"God Dammit!!" Steve cursed.

Billy was waiting for Charlie near the entrance. He hands Charlie his bag and asked carefully

"Let's have puff, shall we?"

Charlie nodded and they went to the parking lot. Inside Billy's camaro, both of them smoked their cigarettes in silence. Charlie glanced at Billy. He couldn't help the ghost of smile that appeared on his face. Billy caught his gaze and Charlie immediately looked away.

"A picture might last longer." Billy smirked.

"Why did you come after me?" Charlie turned his head to Billy. It was Billy's turn to look away. He swallowed, taking his time before answering.

"I wasn't planning on staying for long anyway. Checking on you was a good excuse."

Charlie didn't reply, he kept looking at the blonde. Billy looked back at Charlie and almost froze. Charlie was looking at him differently than ever before.

There was a tenderness in his eyes. His expression was soft. For the first time Billy felt seen. He gets attention where ever he goes, that's for sure. But he has never been seen like this before. Charlie looking beyond his angry demeanor, his attractive body, he w looking into Billy's soul.

"What are you looking at?" Billy asked a little bit more seriously, trying scare Charlie away like he does with everyone else.

"You." Charlie said simply. Neither of them looked away. Charlie's hand was pulling at the hairband on his wrist. Billy thought what's the worst that could happen if he reached out and placed his hand over Charlie's.

"Thanks for the help. And oh, if you only wanted to skip class, there was no need to actually check on me." Charlie smiled and turned to the door.

Billy stopped him from getting out.

"Where are you going?"

"Home. I'm gonna take the rest of the day off."

"yeah... I'll drive you." Billy said, closing the door again.

"I have a jeep." Charlie objected.

"Not today. Your dad drove you here." Billy said starting the car. Charlie raised an eyebrow. The corner of his mouth twitched into a half smile and he leaned back.