All In Your Head

Charlie was in the void. There was nothing but darkness around him. The cold crept up his body...it reminded him of the upside down. He looked around trying to see where he was. Then he heard sobbing. Someone was crying really hard. He walked towards the sound and saw a woman, she was hunched over.

She was holding a child close to her chest and rocking back and forth. Thick blonde hair was covering her face. She seemed to sense Charlie's presence and looked up. Her eyes were bloodshot.

Charlie looked the child she was holding. He was covered in black veins and blood. He had curly blonde hair. His eyes were closed and he wasn't breathing.

Then he looked back at woman and his eyes widened. He had seen her. He knew who she was and who the little boy. His knees buckled and fell to the floor, breathing erratically.

Billy...

“You did this!” the woman wailed. “You did this to him! ”

“No, no... I didn't ...” Charlie shook his head and fought back tears but they kept coming.

The woman got hold of his writs and her nails dug into his skin. It burned.

“You. Killed. Him.” Her voice grew heavier. It sounded distorted.

Charlie pulled his hand away and stood up. He looked down and he was standing on water. Everything started to blur around him.  The woman grinned at him and started laughing maniacally. Charlie backed away. But he was yanked down into the water.

Vines wrapped around his legs and arms and pulled him down, drowning him. Charlie struggled against them. But his consciousness was staring to fade, his chest burned with the lack of air.

And then suddenly he hit the floor. A cold wooden floor. He was still pinned to the floor  but there were no vines. It was house, a well lit, expensive looking house. A small chandelier was hanging above him.

He titled his face to his side and saw someone else lying next to him. Heather. Charlie tried to call out to her but he couldn't. He heard footsteps. He saw a familiar figure walking towards him. Billy Hargrove hovered over him and then knelt down. A chill went down Charlie's spine. He tried to speak but his voice wouldn't come out. Billy had an odd smile on. His cold hand crept up Charlie's chest to neck and then rested on his jaw. Just holding him there.

“Don't worry. It will all be over soon.” Billy said.

Then he leaned down pressed his lips to Charlie's, in a breathtaking kiss. Charlie tried to tilt his face but Billy held him there. He was helpless as Billy pushed his tongue into his mouth and down his throat, making him chock. The lights went out around him, it turned dark and cold. The house lost all its glow, it turned rotten.

Charlie gasped. He threw the door open and climbed out of his jeep. He fell to his knees on the pavement, coughing and throwing up his guts. The rain poured down on him. He tried to catch his breath but failed miserably. He reached forward for something, only getting hold of the wet grass next to the pavement.

It was raining cats and dogs. Charlie was drenched and shaking. He looked aprund to find himself in the real world. No Billy, or upside down. His hand went to his neck, he could still feel Billy's tongue going down his throat. He gagged and threw up again.