Prologue

Romantic Love. Amelia didn't quite understand the 2 words. Why would you go above and beyond for a person you love romantically? She understands If someone does it for their siblings because that's what she would do for hers.

The world was cruel. She understood that. They take people away when their loved ones least expect it, so why would she ever wanna set herself up for the hurt she will feel after?

Despite everything, she doesn't think she's capable of being loved.

Why would anyone love a girl that murdered her best friend in a car accident? Why would anyone love a messed up person like her?

She knows Caroline, her mom loves her. She knows Stefan, her dad does too. She hope they do at least.

She knows very well she loved both of them and her sisters. She doesn't know about her sisters though.

She never really felt loved by them. Maybe when they were kids but it doesn't matter because she loves them and would do anything for them.

She always told herself that they will love one another more as they were twins making their bond stronger but despite everything, she wishes she were closer to her sisters.

Her mother had asked her to take care of them and protect them and that was exactly what she was going to do.

Love. a word that was simply just a word for her.