2X02: This year will be different

Amelia was getting slightly better. She finally got out of her room, the pack would consider that an improvement.

However, she looked super awful. She didn't really place any thought on her appearance, she barely slept, relying on coffee instead.

"I heard the new Headmaster is coming soon," Amelia said. She wanted to spend time with her sisters. It felt like a long time since they actually did.

"Oh yeah, you think they'll be nicer than Dad?" Josie sighed sadly. She misses her father. I mean who wouldn't? You go from seeing him every day to not at all in some days.

Amelia shrugged as they walked in on Lizzie doing yoga. "What are you doing?" Josie asked confused as she looked at her twin sister.

"Warrior two," Lizzie said focusing on her balance. Amelia raised a brow.

"I don't think you can fight anyone like that," Amelia said confused. Lizzie rolled her eyes with an amused smile.

"It's what the pose is called Mel," Lizzie answered and Amelia nodded understandingly and sat on Josie's bed.

Josie slapped the back of Amelia's head and Amelia groaned in pain. "What was that for?" Amelia frowned rubbing the back of her head.

"I just cleaned my bed," Josie groaned.

"You have witchy powers, I don't know, use them?"

"Passim," Josie mumbled a spell after subtly grabbing onto something to siphon, flickering her hand, Amelia went flying off her bed. She gave Josie an incredulous look who just shrugged. "What? You told me to use my 'witchy' powers" Josie grinned proudly.

Amelia frowned and looked at Lizzie who shook her head. "Don't you dare make me a part of this," Lizzie said continuing her yoga. Amelia groaned as Josie smiled victoriously.

"Anyways, I thought you said yoga was karate for lazy people," Josie recalled remembering the time Lizzie had ranted to them about yoga, and Amelia and her had to listen to it.

"I did, but spending the summer with Mom opened my eyes to all kinds of new experiences. Plus, since using that ascendant thingy is off the table, we agreed we'd stop worrying about all that future merge crap, right?" Lizzie said as she drank some water.

"Right," Josie nodded. Amelia frowned looking at Josie who seemed like she wasn't too happy to do that.

"So I'm all about the present. I have decided to be permanently open to any opportunity that comes my way. This is my semester of yes and I am available for literally anything," Lizzie grinned.

"So can I sit on your bed?" Amelia grinned still on the floor. Lizzie rolled her eyes and Josie smiled amused. Lizzie threw her bottle at Amelia who dodged it with a frown. "So that's a no," Amelia grabbed the bottle tossing it to Lizzie.

***

She stood next to her group of friends as Oliver rambled about what MG, Kaleb, and him did during the summer. The three friends shared an amused glance while Oliver kept going. They never saw him this excited.

"Careful there, people might call you a little puppy instead of a wolf," Jed teased and Oliver shoved him playfully rolling his eyes. They were all protective of Oliver. That was obvious to anyone.

Josie called Jennifer over who grinned at her friends sheepishly. "Just go," Amelia rolled her eyes and smiled slightly as Jed and Oliver nodded in agreement. She smiled running to Josie whose eyes brightened up.

While Jed walked over to where Landon was, Amelia glanced at Jennifer and Josie. They were a great pair. "Lia... How are you?" Oliver asked cautiously.

Amelia sighed rubbing her eyes. "I'm fine, Tommy, just confused and tired," Amelia mumbled as she looked at the necklace. "Alaric thinks it's probably no one important but if she wasn't important, why can't I stop thinking about her? Why do I have this necklace?"