Chapter One

Clary smiled to herself as she watched her young daughter run about the training room.  They had been in the Dublin Institute for almost seven years now.  No one had come looking for them and Clary was glad that her small family hadn't been found yet.  She liked the quietness of Ireland and her friends here.  Juliet had become a very close friend to Clary and her daughter.  Juliet's son, Henry, was practically all grown up now.  Clary watched Henry train with her daughter, Theresa, with interest.  Tessa wasn't quite the age she should be training but Clary had decided to help her learn defense early just to prepare her for Shadowhunter life.
Clary watched Henry teach Tessa to block his attack with her short, wooden dagger.  She sighed and left the training room to go take a nap.  In the past years Clary had gotten used to naps in the middle of the day.  Tessa's sleep schedule had messed up Clary's own and now she couldn't survive without a nap around three.  She always seemed to not have any energy at this time in the afternoon. But this day was different; something was going to happen, Clary could feel it in her bones.  She couldn't tell if it would be good or bad but something was going to happen.  She just hoped that it was good; she honestly couldn't think that she could handle any more bad things happening to her family.  She loved these people who had taken her in after Luke's death. "Clary." She was stirred from her thoughts by a very pregnant Juliet.  This was going to be her third child and they were both very excited.  They already knew it was going to be a girl and for Juliet,  who had two boys, was ecstatic for the chance to raise a girl.  James, her second son, and Tessa were great friends and Clary could already tell that they were on the fast track to a relationship. "Yes, Julie?" Clary couldn't understand why she had been surprised to see her friend but nonetheless she had been. Maybe it was because Juliet should have been resting.  Juliet had been sentenced to bed rest for the remainder of her pregnancy, which Clary knew was hard for her friend.  She liked to be active with her kids and she absolutely loved training all the kids and occupants of the Institute.
"Something has happened.  We have been summoned to Alicante."