Chapter 13

Tessa ran quickly to join Celeste at the base of the tree.
"Uncle Jace hasn't been happy in years."
Tessa considered this. Her father.  She'd been without a father for a long time.  She knew Mommy was sad because of something that happened when Tessa was in her tummy.
"Maybe we should change that."
Her words cut through the air like a knife.  Celeste's excitement showed in the quick twitch of her tail and in the glimmer of her eyes.
"What do you suggest we do?"
Tessa just smiled.  The beginning of a plan was starting to form in her young mind, so sharp for such a young girl.

                     _________________
Clary swatted at the fly that was buzzing around her ear.  She couldn't see Tessa anywhere and was starting to get worried.  Where was that girl? Clary scanned her surroundings again. She didn't see Tessa's small blonde head anywhere.  Clary felt a tug on her hand.  She looked down to see Tessa smiling up at her.
"Oh thank the Angel!  Where did you go?"
Tessa just smiled and tugged Clary along.  She dragged her towards a less crowded area. Clary spotted a blonde head. Tall. Suddenly the pressure on her hand left and they were alone.

____________________________________________
Devious little girls!
Love ya!