Chapter Nine

Jace was dumbstruck. The similarities between him and his daughter were astounding. Her blonde hair was practically luminous next to Isabelle's and Simon's dark hair. Her intelligent gold eyes were so much like his. It was like looking into a mirror. A much smaller, more feminine mirror. But as he studied his daughter, he saw her resemblance to Clary as well. She was small and skinny, more leg than torso. Her hair hung in curls and shone with a slightly red tint.
Jace looked at Clary, wanting to know her name but not wanting to ask. Thankfully, Isabelle did that for him.
"What's her name?" Isabelle smiled up at Clary from their group hug on the ground and Clary smiled back. That wonderful smile.
"Theresa Isabelle Herondale, but we call her Tessa." Clary looked briefly at Jace, maybe trying to gauge his reaction to hearing 'Herondale'. He was over the moon. That must mean he still had a bit of a chance right? To win her back over. Isabelle was over the moon too. Jace could tell that she was extremely happy to finally have her niece back in her life.
"Hi Tessa. I'm your aunt Izzy. And I know you know uncle Simon." Tessa smiled tentatively at Isabelle. She was shy. Then suddenly she threw her arms around Isabelle and hugged her.
"Mama has told me so much about you." She smiled dazzlingly, leaving Jace confused. Clary had spoken about them? He looked over at her, expecting embarrassment. Jace was surprised to see her staring back at him, with cold eyes. So no second chance then? Well crap. Jace deflated. He had hoped that when he found Clary she'd be running into his arms, happy to see him. He found her the exact opposite. She was cold and distant, showing emotion only to Isabelle, Simon, and Tessa.
"Clary?" His voice cracked with emotion. For a spilt second Clary looked sad. Then it was gone; cleared from her face just as quickly as it came.
"You are not welcome here Jonathan. Go back to your home." But my home is you.
_________________________________________
By the Angel I've been busy. Work and getting ready for school have kept me on my toes. Here's another chapter. Hope you enjoyed
Love, Kali