Chapter Seven

Six years ago....
Clary lovingly rubbed her huge, pregnant belly. She was only seven months along but she was huge. Jace loved to rub it before going on hunts, saying it brought him good luck. She supposed it was true because he always came home without any injuries. They were both so excited for this baby. Jace was sure it was going to be a girl but Clary had her doubts.
Clary picked herself up from her rocking chair and waddled to the bedroom her and Jace shared in their apartment. Her finger sparkled suddenly, making her engagement ring noticeable to her again. Jace had proposed the same day she told she was pregnant. They had both been surprised by the news and so had the family, Jocelyn the most. But they had gotten over the shock soon and were all excited to have their first grandchild and niece/nephew. Isabelle especially; she kept buying tiny baby clothes in black, saying that even little babies need hunting gear. Clary smiled to herself as she settled on the bed, not noticing when the door opened.
"Maryse I told you this before. I never meant for her to get pregnant. I honestly don't even want kids. I know that doesn't make it-" Jace's voice was suddenly cut off and Clary absorbed what he'd just said. Didn't want kids? But he was so excited. Clary's eyes teared up and she curled up more.
"Luke? Oh God this is going to crush her. And you're sure it's him?" There was a long pause before he spoke again. "Gather a patrol. Figure out who did it and hunt them down." His voice was harder than steel and she could hear his footsteps. She quickly pretended to be asleep as he gently touched her cheek.
"Clary? Luke is dead."
Clary let herself bawl but refused to let Jace touch her. She'd had enough of his games. No more. She promised herself silently. She cried herself to sleep.
When she awoke, funeral plans had already been made for the next day. Clary packed her bags and moved out of the apartment and back in with her mother, under the pretense of trying to help Jocelyn recover. My child will have a better life. We deserve to be happy. She didn't know where she was going to go but she needed to get away, to think things out and maybe even give her baby the love it deserved, from her and a family who loved them both.
Clary sat through the funeral with a blank face, having cried herself out before. As the casket bearers strode out with her stepfather's remains, Clary made a portal, letting it take her wherever it wanted. She had no destination in her mind; only Jace's words echoed through her head. I honestly don't even want kids.
_________________________________________
So that's what happened. Tell me what you thought. I know it's not very dramatic but hey. It's better than him cheating on her with some creepy chick. He loved her too much to cheat and we all know it. Anyways. Hope you enjoyed our little flashback. Don't be a silent reader! Comment, vote, share!
Love, Kali