Chapter Six

"What are you doing here?" Clary's voice sounded rude even to her ears. Alec winced at her tone and cleared his throat.
"Celeste saw your daughter and immediately wanted to play with her." He smiled cautiously and motioned to the young girl standing next to him. She was Tessa's height and was obviously a warlock child. Purple eyes, dark hair, and a cats tail were some of her defining features. Clary desperately wanted to draw Celeste as soon as she saw her.
"Is this your daughter?" When Clary had left Magnus and Alec had been in the middle of their adoption. Alec nodded and gently pushed Celeste forward.
"She's a bit shy and her magic sometimes gets out of hand. But she's polite girl and loves to draw." At the last word, Clary ushered the two inside and introduced Celeste to Tessa. The two adults watched as their children interacted and then scampered away to play.
"So, how's Magnus? Still sparkly as ever I hope." Clary looks up at Alec as she talks. He looked so much older than he had when she'd left. His eyes were still the bright, piercing blue they had always been. He looked happier than ever. Alec smiled at her and everything about his face changed. It was amazing how Magnus and Celeste had changed him.
"He's good. He's been trying to figure out where all these demons have been coming from. We've been trying to adopt another baby for about a year now and hopefully soon we'll have another daughter." Clary was fairly sure this was the most she had ever heard him talk. It was a bit weird.
"I'm so happy for you guys. Celeste is adorable." She smiled at him led him into the kitchen, and after introducing him to Eos and Alessandra, sat down with him and just talked about their lives.
"So Clary. What happened between you and Jace six years ago that made you run away?"
_________________________________________
Well here's another chapter. What'd ya think? Alec's getting close to the big secret
Love, Kali