Chapter 11

Jace's heart broke into a million little pieces as he walked away from the love of his life and his daughter. His daughter. The thought still jarred him. He never thought he'd find them together. He'd assumed that Clary would leave their daughter at whatever Institute they were living at with someone Clary trusted. But no. They were here, and Clary wanted nothing to do with him. Jace knew what he'd done had been unforgivable. Saying be didn't want that child was the worst mistake he'd ever made. And he hadn't even meant the words. He'd said them to pacify an upset Maryse, who had never really cared for Clary. She had caused his heart to break right then. And not knowing that Clary had been awake and listening tore him to shreds. He had to make it up to the both of them. But he didn't know how.
Someone ran into Jace's shoulder and quickly apologized. The man's dark hair flopped into his eyes as he hurried to Clary's house. Jealousy sparked in his stomach as he watched Clary fling open the door and hug the man, patting his back gently and lovingly. Who was this man? Her boyfriend? No he wasn't. The look in her eyes was pure motherly love. He must be younger then. Younger than he thought. He fought the urge to smirk. She still loved Jace. He could tell. She had pushed those feelings down and made sure that they never came up. He'd have to win her back. That was the only way.
_________________________________________
I really don't like this chapter and it's mostly a filler before the next chapter. I'm planning big things! Mwhaha. No worries thought. No one's gonna die.
Love, Kali