Chapter Eight

Clary had never told anyone that story, but sitting there in Amatis's old kitchen with Alec, she let everything out. Near the end of her spill of secrets, Clary's eyes started to water. Reliving that terrible time always brought tears to her eyes. Alec sat dumbstruck in his chair, not completely absorbing everything Clary had just spilled.
"He said that?" His tone was incredulous. Clary nodded and swallowed her tears. She would not cry over that man again. Her daughter deserved a strong mother and Clary needed to be strong for herself. Alec sat back in his chair. "By the Angel... I can't believe he said that. Are you sure he meant it?"
"Oh he meant it," Clary said shaking with anger and repressed sadness. "He was about to apologize to your mother for even getting me pregnant in the first place." She finished her tirade bitterly, wishing it wasn't true but knowing it was. It killed her inside to know that his happiness had been fake. He had been such a convincing actor it was almost scary.
Alec gave Clary a sad look and told her that he and Celeste would be back again before long. He pried Celeste away from Tessa and said their goodbyes. Just as they were leaving Simon rushed in, Jace and Isabelle right on his heels. Clary regarded Jace with barely concealed loathing as Tessa gave Simon a big hug.
"May I help you Mr. Herondale?" Clary sneered at him. His eyes grew darker with anger, not at her but at the fact that she was here she presumed. Then all of a sudden all the fight went out of him as his eyes caught Tessa in their gaze. Gold met gold and Jace instantly knew it was his child. The one he didn't even want. Her baby girl.
Clary glanced at Isabelle to see her gaping at Tessa, seeing all the similarity between father and daughter. She then joined in on the hug Simon and Tessa were sharing, hugging them both tight. Clary melted slightly at the scene. Finally they had been reunited, for better or worse.
_________________________________________
By the Angel.... all of your comments were amazing. It's like two in the morning here and my thumb feels weird
Hope you enjoy the chapter. Trying to get more out soon :)
Ugh I don't wanna go to school so soon. Comment what day you have to go back and what you thought of the chapter. It was kinda filler. How do ya all feel about a Tessa book? Let me know. And I've begun writing a Harry Potter fanfiction. I'll publish the parts i have written if you guys want me too.
Love, Kali