Chapter Five

Clary couldn't believe her eyes. Jace. He was here. Clary was frozen in place as he walked up to them. His eyes were shadowed by deep circles that looked like bruises in the sunlight. But as he saw her and realized who she was there was that old spark in them. The spark that told her that he loved her. Clary looked at Simon with huge eyes. He smiled sadly at her as Jace finally reached them.
"I-i have to go." Clary said shaking with anger, and somewhere deep inside, love. She grabbed Tessa and caught up with her friends. Tessa didn't understand why they had left Simon there to talk to the blonde man by himself, but she did understand that her mother was upset.
They quickly caught up with Eos and Alessandra. Clary ignored their curious glances and guided them towards Amatis's house. Clary hadn't been there since before she went into the demon realm to find Sebastian. To many terrible and bittersweet memories swirled in her old room to tolerate being in there for more than a minute, and if she'd had the choice she'd have stayed in the newly remodeled Fairchild manor. But the rooms were still being rebuilt and it wasn't safe to have her daughter there yet. As Clary, Tessa, Eos, and Alessandra settled in the kitchen to try and find something edible, Clary heard a sharp knock on the door. With a smile to her friends and a worried look on her face she went to the door and opened it.
"Alec?"
_________________________________________ and I know it's short but I really just wanted to post this. Hope you guys like it
Love, Kali