Chapter 28

A/N: Nothing much this time guys! Sorry. I'm in the middle of my college exams and I really just am out of ideas. So please, please give me suggestions for the next chapter. The more suggestions I get, the faster I can upload a really good chapter!

xoxo

---------- Chapter 28 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haden gently puts me down on the sofa and hurries off towards the servants quarters, looking for Emily.

He returns moments later with a flustered looking Emily. Her face immediately takes on incredulity when she sees me on the couch.

               “What happened?!” she demands sharply, turning on Haden.

               “Crap, okay? Just clean up her wounds. I need to go find the boys,” Haden murmurs, grabbing his keys.

               “Sir, the boys are already back. They went to Persephone. Alex was pretty badly injured. Car crash apparently. Matt was being unusually hesitant to answer my questions,” Emily rambles, pursing her lips in disapproval.

               “When you say badly injured, how badly do you mean?” Haden asks, his face pale.

Emily throws a look at me as she deliberates her answer. “Bad enough that he needed to go to Persephone. And since the three of you boys left together, and you came back with Jessy, it would mean that you were separated. Let’s just say that the injuries were bad enough for them to not come after you,” Emily whispers carefully, her eyes brimming with tears.

               “We have to go see him!” I declare, jumping up, wincing as my ankle has to support my weight. I fall back down onto the couch, grabbing at my ankle.

               “No! I have to go see him. All you have to do is stay here and get cleaned up, alright?” Haden instructs severely.

               “No fair! He’s like a brother to me and I’m just as worried as you are!” I mutter through clenched teeth.

               “I know you’re worried. But I’m worried as well. You need to get all those cuts cleaned before they get infected. The last thing I want is for you have to endure anymore pain, Jess,” Haden answers, his face serious.

               “This is nothing! It’s just a few cuts and bruises,” I insist.

               “And the broken ankle? What about that Jessy?!” Haden mutters crossly.

               “Sir, if I may interject, maybe you should take Jessy with you. You know there’s nothing I can do about her ankle. The healers in Persephone will be able to cure her in a moment,” Emily suggests timidly.

               “Yes, that’s a wonderful idea Emily!” Haden spits sarcastically. “It’s not like even I fear going to Persephone, right? It’s not like I’m the exiled heir to my father’s mantle, is it? Oh wait! I am! And she’s the reason I was exiled! So yes, taking her to the one place that would be more dangerous than here would be a great idea, no?”

               “Haden! That was uncalled for!” I shout, completely appalled at his behaviour.

               “It was merely a suggestion, sir,” Emily mutters coldly, kneeling down in front of me. “Let’s see the damage Jessy”