chapter 33

Chapter Thirty Three...

              I couldn’t believe he had come to save me, I knew he loved me but I didn’t expect this. I couldn’t be more thankful that he had come because without him I would have been buried in that house with both my parents bodies and my baby would be dead with me, protection spell or not. At that moment I had never been so grateful to have him in my life even though I’m sure I was going to get an earful when he got me home. I was probably going to be locked in that tower no matter what after I pulled a stunt like this. I just pulled him close and held him and started sobbing. So much had happened in the past few hours and I didn’t know how I was supposed to feel about it. I guess he didn’t know what to say so he just held me tightly and rubbed my back as he carried me towards a car.

“Where are all the rogues?” I asked.

“You think I came alone? I’m not as insane as you are agapi mou. My guards took them in for questioning and they are going to be given a choice, they either allow us to assign them to a pack where they will be under an Alpha’s laws or they will be killed.” he said and gave me another kiss.

“Hey I’m not insane!” I argued and he just laughed as he placed me in the back seat and buckled me in.

“How about you just rest till I get you home. Trust me we have a lot to talk about so you might as well enjoy this silence.” he replied calmly.

“Fine, but I don’t regret my decision.” I muttered and he just shook his head at me. He got in the car and the driver headed for the main road. I fell asleep quickly but woke up when we were close to the airport. I suddenly panicked and remembered I had to let Claire know I was ok.

“Give me your cell phone.” I demanded to Kai.

“Why? Who could you possibly want to call?” he asked.

“A friend.” I said and held my hand out for the phone. He sighed heavily but handed me the phone and I quickly dialed Claire’s number. She answered on the fourth ring and I let out a sigh of relief.

“I figured I would be hearing from you soon.” she said into the phone not even bothering with a hello.

“I sometimes hate that you’re all knowing, sometimes surprising you would be nice.” I joked and I heard her laugh.

“Nothing seems to change you, not even the deaths of your parents.” she replied no laughter in her voice and suddenly my chest felt heavy.

“I can’t think about that right now its too much to take in.” I replied and she was silent for the longest time I almost asked if she was still there.

“You need to remember you did what you needed to do, don’t let it east away at you my dear. Now how about you enjoy that mate of yours and also get some rest, call me tomorrow and you can tell me all about your adventure.” she replied.

“Ok…and Claire…thanks…” I said and then we both hung up and I handed Kai back his phone.

“Who’s Claire?” he asked.

“Just a really special friend, she protected our baby for me so don’t worry the baby is fine.”

“I still have the palace doctor waiting for us when we land in Texas.” he replied.

“I wouldn’t expect any less from you.” I said and kissed his cheek and then leaned back and waited for the car to stop in the plane hanger.

    I had slept the entire plane ride and now Kai was carrying me into the palace bridal style and it made me smile. He brought me to the infirmary and had the palace doctor waiting for us like he had promised. He did the sonogram and said everything looked healthy and then asked if we wanted to know the sex of the baby.