Ch.2 | 𝘉𝘦𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘍𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦

Today is the day when Norm and Jake will be transferred into their avatar bodies. I looked through the glass window and saw their bodies lying on the bed while the doctors were preparing everything for the transfer.

Max was standing next to me, examining someone's brain. "That's a gorgeous brain. Nice activity," Max commented. "I figured," Mum replied, crossing her arms.

"All right, I'm going in," Mum announced, and Max and I watched as she walked towards the window. We saw one of the doctors say, "He's in," and Mum looked down at Jake's body.

"Jake, can you hear me?" she asked him. After receiving no response, the doctor flashed a small flashlight into Jake's eyes. "Pupillary reflex is good," the doctor noted.

She then started checking Jake's ears. "Pinna response normal. How are you feeling, Jake?" the woman asked him. "Hey, guys," he said. I chuckled at his casual greeting, shaking my head. I listened to the response that the woman got from him.

They both chuckled. "Welcome to your new body, Jake," he told him. They ran a few tests for Jake and Norm, but for Jake, all he did was swing his legs over the side of the bed, get up, and head out of the door.

With others shouting for me to come back, I quickly ran to the link room and jumped into one of the pods. I closed the top and cleared my mind, watching the swirling colors before finally emerging in my avatar form. I hastily put on my shoes and rushed out of the room.

I saw mum with Jake and shook my head with a smile on my face. "You're such an idiot, Jake," I chuckled. Mum looked over her shoulder and saw Jake looking at me, confused. "It's Ezra, you idiot," I told him.

"That was a risky move you made there. Let's get you some clothes so you're not flashing everyone, including the cameras," I told him firmly. I led him back to the shack, with the others trailing behind us. Once there, I found some suitable clothing for Norm and Jake, as their hospital nightgowns weren't going to cut it. I also made sure to have the doctors check them thoroughly, especially Jake.

It slowly got dark, and all the doctors were heading out, while the avatar drivers were going to lay down. "Come on, everybody, quiet it down! All right, gang, lights out," Mum spoke loudly. I walked past Jake and noticed that he was looking at his Queue. "Don't play with that; you'll go blind," I warned him.

"That's kind of freaky," he mutters to himself before leaving it alone. I stretch my body and prepare for the night. "Lights out. See you at dinner, kiddies," Mum announces. I smile slightly at her words and close my eyes, linking back to my human body.

༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶

The next morning, as we headed to the lab, I noticed my dad trying to flirt with mum, but she seemed uninterested. I walked over to them and asked my dad, "Do you ever stop flirting with Mum?" He saw me coming and grinned. "Not a chance. I need to flirt with your mother every chance I can, Peach," he replied. I shook my head, unable to hide a small smile.

"So, what's up, Peach?" he asked me. "Nothing much, I was going to help mum," I told him. "Is that right?" he asked me. I nodded my head. "I'll be their bodyguard while Mum and Norm are taking the samples," I said. "I bet I can knock out anything that comes near us." I joked as I flexed my arms. Dad laughed, shaking his head. "I bet you will," he said.

"Are you guys just waiting for the boys?" Dad asked mum.

"Yeah, they shouldn't be here long. I told them to come here early in the morning," she replied. Dad nodded his head in understanding.

Minutes later, Norm and Jake finally arrived. "Who's the big dude?" Jake asked, gesturing towards Grace's husband. Dad looked over at Jake and replied, "I'm Grace's husband," with a mischievous glint in his eye, clearly trying to elicit a reaction from mum. I shake my head as I chuckled a bit.

He did manage to elicit a reaction from her. She glared at my dad when he made that comment, although he never glanced in her direction. "Nah, I'm just kidding. Well, he's my ex-husband. But that's not important. I'm Ezra's dad," he explained to them. Suddenly, I heard someone shouting in recognition, "THAT'S YOUR DAD. OH MY GOD. I'VE BEEN CRUSHING ON YOU AND YOU NEVER TOLD ME HE WAS YOUR DAD!"

I couldn't help but laugh and shrug my shoulders. "That was hilarious, even if I didn't tell you beforehand that he's my dad," I called out to the owner of the voice, who promptly hit me on the back of my head. I groaned and shook my head, rubbing the spot where she hit me before making my way to the link room with the others following closely behind. "Idiot." I spoke softly making sure that Aelia heard me.

She rolled her eyes at me. With a small smile on her lips.

Getting into the link. Dad came over to me. "You better be careful out there. You how dangerous it could be out there. Those too don't okay" he tells me. "Dad come on you know I'm always safe." Giving him a smile. Knowing myself I was never cautious about certain things. My parents knew that. He gave a type of look like he knew. "Promise" I pouted, he chuckled.

He then closed it once I got in. Closing my eyes and clearing my mind. Then seeing the colors as I was going into my avatar body. Seeing that I was laying the shack along with a few others.

I saw that my mum was already up in her avatar body. Throwing my legs on the side of the bed. Lifting the upper body as I go. Heading over to get some other clothes that I usually wear.

As I put my combat boots. Looking over to hear footsteps. To see that it was mum. She leaned on the door frame as her arms are crossed over her chest. And dad by her side. With that bright smile on his face.

She has a small smile on her face. "You ready?" mum asked me. "Yeah, I am" I tell her. I get up onto my feet. Mum nodded her head.

"Let's go then. The others are waiting at the aircraft," she tells me. As she walked off. I follow not far from behind her. Having the things, I need with me.

"Be safe out there peach" my dad said to me. I shake my head as I chuckle. "Dad I'm going to be alright. Nothing bad is going to happen to me. Like I said earlier." I looked up to him.

"I know peach I'm just making sure you know that." Seeing the concern look on his face. I sighed. "I will be okay" I said, with a small smile that formed on my lips. He smiled back.

Walking out of the shack and over to where the bunch of aircrafts are. Then getting into the aircraft with the others. Sitting on the ledge as I was holding onto the handle. As it went off the ground and fly into the mountains of Pandora.

Taking in the scenery that was in front of me. I closed my eyes letting the breeze hit my face. As I breathed in the air. I smiled a bit. Having this feeling of freedom.

Finally getting out of that place of Hell's Gate. I opened my eyes as I felt a pair of eyes on me. Looking over to see it was mum. She was leaning against the wall. She had a small smile on her face as she was watching me.

I looked back out to the forest. Seeing that we were landing...