Ch.7 - Day Off

The past few weeks, me and Tsu'tey have been training. Teaching me all the things, even though I knew some of those things. And to be honest I might this little crush on him. Just like when we were younger. But he was in love with Swlyanin.

But I was okay with that. I shake my head. Getting out of the hammock. Pulling myself up onto the root. Then heading down to the main area. Getting things ready for the day. Helping people with stuff. Before the day goes on. As I was working on my knife and bow. As Ninat was sitting next to me making baskets.

"You know Ezra. I can tell that you have a crush on Tsu'tey." Ninat looks over to me. As a smirk is forming on her on lips. I stopped sharpening my knife then looked over to her with a blank face. "You can't prove that." I tell her. "Hey, Ne'terri. Can you tell if Ezra has a thing for Tsu'tey." she shouts to Awa'iti.

I hushed her. making her quiet, making sure that no one hears her. "Shh, okay fine I do have a thing for him. The whole god damn world doesn't need to know." I whisper yell at her. Ninat laughed at me. Then she smiled. I sat there. With my arms crossed and pouting.

Then Tsu'tey and 3 other men walked past but stopped once Tsu'tey saw me. "Take a day off. I be out hunting most of the day." then walked off. "Oh, Ezra keep looking like that and your face will get stuck that." he called out to me. I gasped at what he said.

Pouting even more. Then I heard Ninat, and Ne'terri laugh at me. "Oh, shut will you." I growled at them. A few seconds later I laughed a bit. "Ezra." I heard shouting. I looked over to see the kids running over to me. With a smile on their face. 'They're so adorable' I thought to myself.

One of them came over to me and gave me a tight hug. I made sure that my knife was away from her.

Her name is Atremaia. Then there is her older brother. Eko. He's only a year older than her. Then there is Eko and Emiko. The both of them are sweethearts. All 4 of them are. "Yes Awa." I smiled at her. Then at the others. "Can you tell us a story please." she said, with her pleading eyes.

I chuckled. "I think, I told you guys all the stories I know" I tell her. They all gave me a sad look. "Why lying?" Ninat spoke not looking at us. "You have quite a lot since you told me all of them. But you told them half of them." she smirked at me.

I shake my head. Looking back at the younger ones. "Okay, well. When I was 5 or 6 years old. Me, Neytiri, Tsu'tey and Sylwanin, we would always go out at night. Going swimming at the lake not far from the old school that use to be open years ago." I said.

Trying to hide the sadness. But Ninat notice this. Even the mention of her name. "So, every chance we could get we would always go to that lake. But one night we got caught by Ateyo. So, the only thing that we did was push him into the water and ran off them going to hometree and then me back at the cabin back by the old school. That's the one thing that me, Tsu'tey and Neytiri will laugh up to this day." I smiled at the memory.

I heard the younger ones laugh in front of me along with me and Ninat. Then Ateyo and Artsut walked past. Then looked over to us. "What are you guys laughing here?" Artsut smiled at us. "The time how Ezra pushed Ateyo into the lake." Eko said, honestly. "Eko what the hell!" I groaned.

My head leaning against Ninat's shoulder. As they laughed at me. But Ateyo just stared at me with no emotion. I looked over to him. Doing the same thing he was doing to me. "Well, to be fair Ateyo it was quite funny to see." I joked with him.

But he didn't respond to me but look at me. I shake my head. Then his mate walked off holding onto her mate's arm as they walked off.

For the rest of the day me and the four kids played with each other. We even walked to the lake that me and others would go, when we had the chance.

By dawn the sun was going down. So, we had to go back to hometree. As we were walking back to hometree. I could feel eyes watching on us. On me. I looked up into the trees. Trying to see who was watching us. As I locked eyes with this person.

I notice it was Tsu'tey, and Neytiri. I smiled shaking my head. Looking down at the others. Seeing that they were not far ahead of me. Then minutes later we finally got to hometree. The kids ran off to their parents. Telling them what they did today.

I sat down next to Ninat and Ne'terri. I sighed as sat on the ground. "Finally, some rest." I said, looking tired. "Exhausting day." Ne'terri asked me. I nodded my head. Leaning my head on her shoulder. Closing my eyes. But making sure I don't go into my human body.

Then a shadow came over to me. Making me open my eyes. As my eyes are open. I saw Tsu'tey in front of me. I smiled at him. Lifting my head off of Ne'terri shoulder.

"Well, get some rest I'll tell Tsu'tey that you went sleep early." Ninat smiled as she said that.

I nodded my head. Getting up and heading over to the hammocks.

Getting into my own. Making sure that I don't fall. But into my hammock. I closed my eyes. Then drifting off as I went into my human body. I open the link pod swinging my legs to the ledge.

"How was it today?" I heard my mum ask me. I looked over to her. "It was my day off today. So, I hang out with the kids that I was telling you about." I tell her.

She nodded her head. "Well, I'm going to get some rest I really need it." I weakly smiled at her. "I'll see you in the morning." she tells me. I nodded my head. "Night" I called out to her. "Night" she said back to me...