Ch.3 | 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘚𝘢𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘴

I stepped out of the aircraft, looking around the nature that we were in. I smiled a bit for the hundredth time already.

A few minutes later, I started walking in. The others are just getting out of the aircraft. I wanted to head before they do. I always like coming out here when ever mum took me out.

It was nice to come out here.

Especially when the school use to be up and running years ago. It was nice back then. I heard their footsteps coming closer to me since I was walking slow. "So, how will they know we're here?" Norm asked.

As we walked further into the forest. "I'm sure that they're watching us right now." mum tells him.

I looked over to see the small hut. That use to be the school.

Now it's just 'storage' my mum likes to say. I stepped foot into the school for the first time in years. Memories start coming to me. One's with her, my best friend. "This was our school. Now it's just... storage" she tells them.

Walking over to the table in the far corner. Seeing a bracelet on the table. I picked it up. Remembering that someone made this for me.

I must've forgot to get it the last time I was here.

A small smiled formed on my face. Putting it on my wrist. I was trying to find this everywhere. And it was here the whole time. "The kids were so bright. Eager to learn. They picked up English faster than I could teach it." mum continued.

She put the book back on the shelf. The others looking around the school. "So, we'll take a couple of those Ph monitors" mum pointed out. "Alright" Norm said.

"And a soil probe" she continued. I watched as Jake looked over on the other side of the wall.

"What happened here?" Jake asked. Mum looked over to him than back to what she was doing. "Are you going to help us with this gear? We've got a lot to do" she tells him. Dodging the question that Jake asked.

He looked over to me. Thinking that I was going to answer the question. But I just gave him a weak smile. Heading out of the door. As I was outside waiting for the others. I felt eyes on me. Watching my every move.

I looked in the direction I felt that the eyes. As we locked eyes. I feel a familiar warmth in my chest. Like I know those eyes.

Like I have seen from somewhere.

I looked away when I heard them coming out of the school. Then we head out to get the samples. About 10 minutes after we walked, they went to get the samples. But I was going to watch them do that.

I trailed off to see the plants around me. Jake following not far behind me. Pointing the gun in every direction. I sighed. "Can you not point your gun at everything. Not everything is a threat you know." I tell him.

"Oh, she talks" he joked. I rolled my eyes. As mum and Norm were taking the samples I walked with Jake. Then I looked over to these spiral plants coming out of the ground. I walked over to them and touched it.

When I did. It shrunk to the ground. Having a small smile on my face. Not seeing these types of plants in years.

Me and Jake did it to a few more others, we laughed a bit. But then the whole lot went down.

Then to a screeching sound filled our ears.  Seeing the big native animals in front of us called Hammerhead Titanothere...