07 » ❝I'm Not At All In Love❞

"All you gotta do is say hello to a man, and they've got you whispering in his ear!"
- I'm Not At All In Love, The Pajama Game

CONFESSION NUMBER SEVEN: If Scarlett never sees a speck of mud ever again, it'll be too soon.

        Who is she kidding? If she never sees Mackenna again, it'll be too soon. And based on the fact that Mackenna hasn't shown up to school since the whole Sing-Off incident, Scarlett thinks that she's doing okay so far. It had taken hours to wash the mud out of her hair and the stains out of her dress, but she thinks (and hopes) that the nightmares of the dancing buckets of mud - similar to the whole "Sorcerer's Apprentice" magic dancing brooms scene - have finally stopped. Still, Scarlett thinks that she's going to hate her life by the time spring rolls around and she's once again surrounded by the stuff.

        People got over the mud incident pretty quickly, as Chase had said before. No one remembered it within a couple of days, and things went back to normal (well, as close to normal as it got when Audrey and Peyton are squealing about Sierra Boggess and Parker and Scarlett are singing Hairspray songs at the top of their lungs).

        "Okay, dream cast for The Little Mermaid: go!" Peyton challenges.

        "Dibs on Eric!" Parker and Chase yell out at the same time.

        April laughs. "I'd love to be Vanessa-slash-Ursula, think I could pull it off?"

        "Of course!" Alex jumps in, and April's blushing in record time. "As long as I can be Flounder!"

        Audrey snickers at this. "Well, I think that Scarlett should totally play Ariel, she's perfect for it, am I right?" she asks, and the group hums in agreement.

        "She's practically a Disney princess in another life," April laughs, nudging Scarlett across the table playfully. Scarlett rolls her eyes (despite the fact that that is a huge compliment) and takes a bite of her sandwich. The group debates for a few minutes before moving on to another musical. "Dream cast for Les Mis?" April asks.

        "Cosette! Called it!" Peyton shouts out right away.

        Audrey laughs. "Fantine, for sure," she decides.

        "I've got dibs on Eponine, then," Scarlett grins (Eponine's always been her favourite, since she saw the play when she was eight and fell in love. Plus, Lea Salonga and Samantha Barks have played Eponine, and who doesn't want to follow in their footsteps?)

        Parker smiles. "I call Marius, hands down."

        "I guess I'll take Javert," Chase decides.

        Alex looks deep in thought. "Then who am I?" he asks, and the rest of the group grins mischievously, all thinking the same thing.

        "24601!" they all shout at the same time, bursting into uncontrollable laughter. Scarlett can definitely see it - she's caught Alex walking around mindlessly singing "Bring Him Home" more times than one - and suddenly she's really liking the idea of being in a musical with all of her friends, and is getting pretty excited for what the upcoming school production will be.

        The boys head off to class early and leave April, Audrey, Peyton and Scarlett to talk at the table. Audrey turns to April immediately with an unimpressed look upon her face. "Alright, April, are you going to ask him out already, or am I going to have to do it for you?" she asks, and April's turning red all over again.