12 » ❝You're The Top❞

"If this ditty is not so pretty, at least it'll tell you how great you are!"
- You're The Top, Anything Goes

CONFESSION NUMBER TWELVE: Scarlett has come to accept the fact that she is about as far from athletic as it gets. Like, distance from China to Canada, far. And yeah, so maybe she took Karate for eleven years, but whatever. She still can't kick a ball or swing a bat or do an adequate amount of push-ups.

        The point of this confession (while embarrassing and somewhat pointless to admit) is that Scarlett hates P.E.. Like, a lot. It isn't that bad, considering they mix the boys with the girls more often than not, so Parker's around to make sure she doesn't fall on her face.

        And maybe it wouldn't even be bad at all - except Mackenna's in her class, too. And that changes things.

        "How... are... you doing that?" April pants, jogging alongside Scarlett as they make their eighth in a string of laps around the track that they're sure aren't going to end any time soon - but really wish they would, because man, running is hard. Scarlett, however, is used to running; when she was in karate, they'd run five kilometres every Saturday morning, and since her parents used to think they were so hilarious, they'd take the whole family out for a sunday morning jog as well, leaving sunny, late morning wake-up sequences for Scarlett's imagination, instead of reality.

        Scarlett laughs at her best friend - since Audrey and Peyton are in the first period gym class, the two girls are on their own - spinning around and running backwards to face her. "It's easy - I just go left, right, left, right and bam! I'm running," she jokes, ducking to the side when April tries to push her over.

        "Easy for you to say," she defends. "Meanwhile, the few of us who haven't been raised in a karate dojo are struggling," she breathes heavily, narrowing her eyes at Scarlett, who's pulled ahead slightly as April was talking.

        Scarlett's about to say something (likely along the lines of a snarky retort about how they didn't actually do the running in the karate dojo, technically) when Parker runs up beside her. "What lap are you on?" he asks.

        "Eight."

        "Nine," he informs her smugly.

        "Liar," she crosses her arms, still running backwards.

        Parker smirks. "Nope. Just a fast runner."

        April clears her throat from a good four meters behind them. "Uh, hello? Girl-slash-inferior-runner still on lap six, over here," she points to herself, beginning to drag even further behind. Parker and Scarlett laugh in unison before turning around and running back to April's aid, linking their arms with hers and dragging her along with them. "Remind me again how you two do this without collapsing?" she asks.

        Scarlett laughs. "We joined Brooke Windham's Workout Challenge."

        Parker smiles - he basically lives for Legally Blonde references. "That's right," he plays along, "hey, why don't you join us? We can have you whipped into shape in no time-"

        "Parker!"

        The girls don't get to hear the rest of his sentence, because Parker is otherwise occupied by his new girlfriend running up behind them, shouting his name at an irritatingly loud volume that, while appropriate for outdoors - Scarlett's always been particular about using indoor/outdoor voices, although Audrey's not usually one to follow this, since she's usually squealing at a fangirl-ish level - is still unbearably loud for April and Scarlett, who resist the urge to roll their eyes, since Parker's still right in front of them.