17 » ❝What Is This Feeling?❞

"Fervid as a flame, does it have a name? Yes! Loathing!"
- What Is This Feeling, Wicked

CONFESSION NUMBER SEVENTEEN: The Wicked cast list goes up today. Scarlett's terrified. So terrified that she almost opts to put her alarm clock (which plays Sutton Foster singing "Morning Person" at precisely six o'clock every day) on snooze and stay home sick. 

         But she can't do that. Her mom would kill her.

         April, Audrey, Peyton and Alex would too.

         So would Parker.

         She's going to have to go to school, isn't she?

         It's only been a weekend since the whole Mackenna-slash-Parker dance disaster, therefore it's only been two days since they broke up. And now, not only is Scarlett terrified to go to school to see the cast list, but she's also terrified to go to school and find out what sort of murder scheme Mackenna has waiting for her. 

6.01, April Cheng: WAKE UP GIRLS THE WICKED CAST IS POSTED TODAY

6.02, Audrey Kim: Ugh, did you have to wake us at six? 

6.02, Peyton Carter: Yeah, I usually hit snooze until like, seven. I always regret it, but still. A girl needs her sleep. 

6.03, April Cheng: Sleep schmeep, you can nap later. Scarlett, you up? 

6.03, Scarlett Bright: I am now. 

6.03, April Cheng: Good. Now, somebody remember to bring a camera - I want to see the look on Mackenna's face when she finds out that Scarlett got Elphaba. 

6.04, Scarlett Bright: I agree - someone bring a camera. Take a snap of the cast list and send it to me? 

6.04, Audrey Kim: Why don't you just look at it yourself? 

6.05, Scarlett Bright: Because I'm not going to school. 

6.06, Peyton Carter: Why not? 

6.06, Scarlett Bright: Because if I don't get Elphaba, Mackenna will hold it over me for the rest of the year. And, on the off chance that I do get Elphaba, she will quite possibly murder me on the spot. 

6.07, April Cheng: Scarlett, you have to come to school. 

6.07, Scarlett Bright: Nuh uh. I have a high fever. I'm almost 105. Too sick for school. Possibly contagious too. 

6.08, April Cheng: Scarlett, I don't want to have to do this, but I'm willing to take extreme measures if it means getting you to school today. 

6.09, Scarlett Bright: Extreme measures? 

6.10, April Cheng: Mhm. 

6.10, Scarlett Bright: I'm not that easily persuaded, you guys. 

6.10, April Cheng: Really? 

6.10, Scarlett Bright: Try me. 

6.11, April Cheng: Alright, you asked for it.