13 » ❝As Long As You're Mine❞

"I've lost all resistance, and crossed some borderline."
- As Long As You're Mine, Wicked

CONFESSION NUMBER THIRTEEN: Scarlett may or may not know the entire Wicked script back to front. Maybe. Not a definite fact (that may actually depend on your definition of the words definite and fact) but still. It might be true. It's not weird.

        Scarlett's seen the musical and read the script online and sung the songs enough times that each word is practically burned into her brain, and while that tends to come across to other people as obsessive and geeky, it sure does help out in the middle of a callback, when everyone else is doing cold reading, and Scarlett already knows the words off by heart.

        And she repeats: it is not weird.

        "Alright, everyone, let's begin with the acting portion of the callbacks," Miss Brendan announces, passing out scripts for specific scenes from the play that everyone will read from to display their acting talents. Scarlett's sitting anxiously in between Parker and April, and Audrey and Peyton are to their left with Alex and Chase in the row directly behind them. Mackenna's got her arm snaked around Parker's shoulder (and he appears to have discovered that no matter how many hints he drops, she's not going to stop draping her arms over him like a possessive lap dog.)

        "Basically what will happen is I will call you all up in groups according to the part you've been called back for, and you will act out the scene given to you with your scene partners," Miss Brendan explains, and the class murmurs in understanding. "Alright, why don't we have Mackenna come up first as Elphaba, and Jason as Doctor Dillamond for the 'Something Bad' scene?"

        Mackenna looks triumphant and cuts her eyes at Scarlett for a split second as she rises from her seat, smirking as she takes her place onstage. "Oh Miss Elphaba, don't worry about me. Go and join your friends," Jason-as-Dr-Dillamond says.

        "That's alright, I have no friends," she says, folding her hands in her lap. "Would you like to share my lunch?" Mackenna-as-Elphaba asks.

        Jason shakes his head no. "Thank you, how kind. I've seemed to have lost my appetite."

        "You shouldn't let ignorant statements like that bother you. I mean, I always do, but you shouldn't," Mackenna points out. The two continue the scene and a few others go up in their places, and Scarlett sits and watches patiently, hoping she doesn't look as nervous as she feels.

        Miss Brendan calls scene, and the people who were up reading sit down. "Alright, now we'll have Scarlett up as Elphaba, Parker as Fiyero, and Alex up as Avaric for scene five," she announces, and Alex and Scarlett high five each other silently before taking their places on stage.

        Alex and Parker pretend to almost knock Scarlett over, and she nearly falls to the ground. "Hey!" she calls out angrily, steadying herself and turning to face the boys with a displeased look on her face.

        "Be quiet, miss, you'll disturb him!" Alex chastises, motioning towards Parker, who's fallen asleep on the floor.

        Scarlett balls her fists. "I certainly will!" she says through gritted teeth. "Hey, you! Wake up!"

        "Young lady, do you realize who this is?" Alex asks, appalled.

        "I don't care who he is! Your cart nearly knocked me over and you're sleeping!" Scarlett exclaims, and Parker's eyes flutter open, and he gets to his feet, stretching and yawning.