Royalty. -3

POV.

Time flew by fast, as if a strand of hair along the strong wind. Many events have gone by, it was surreal.

Months have past, after the coronation of the Jong Kingdom's new ruler, Kai, down fall instantly came after, because apparently him along with his people. They turned their back on the Kim Kingdom, declaring war, and seeking recognition and power amongst the other Royalties, or at least that's what everyone thought.

The war, i might say, have surprisingly affected the Kims quite more than expected. Too much that it became a reason for the former ruler, Jennie's father's passing.

It resulted to a rushed coronation of the closest heiress of the throne, Jennie. So much persuasive speeches. Begging. And manipulation was done in order to get her on agreeing to take charge of the throne. For her it was a bad idea, well, of course because she knows what comes after it hand in hand.

She knows there's so much to risk and give up, and for her it was not worth. She's too selfish to think about her people, she was thinking about her and what's next.

,

"Tell me, why it has to be me when i have an older sister? She's a princess, too, isn't she?" Jennie asked to the royal adviser as she stare at her reflection. Her gaze wander around her face's reflection, her eyes are puffy yet void of emotions, dried tears stained her flawless cheeks and she was slightly sobbing.

The adviser sigh as he bowed his head. "She was only a princess because her father married your mother, The Queen. After the queen gave birth to you, she passed away. She was the only real royal left back then, until the kingdom had you. The people praised the gods for gifting them a new princess, but soon after that, Heaven cried when the queen left to follow your ancestors," He explained so calmly, afraid to receive a fit of anger from the New Crowned Queen, Jennie.

Queen Jennie did not show a bit of emotion as she spoke once again.

"I told father to not leave the throne to me," She said.

"He did not, your Highness. The Queen left the throne to you. Your father was only a Ruler because there were no one else to ask. The throne was yours after your deceased mother. He was a Leader not because he was meant to be, but because he was asked to be."

Jennie can only clench her jaw to contain herself. She's not allowed to behave awfully, after all she's already a queen and there's a war she has to take care of.

She stayed silent as she thought to herself about what greater strategy to use on their enemy, until a unexpected thought came to her mind.

"To be a queen is to continue the bloodline." She said quietly as she avert her head towards the person on her left.

"You're right, my queen."

Jennie's brows creased and she stood instantly. "I have a wife," she said, now her voice laced a very intimidating tone.

The adviser, although felt scared, he refused to show and instead he said "That's why the royal council wish her out of the picture. They refuse to call her Queen for there can only be one Queen at a time."

"Call the council." The Queen deadpanned.

.

"My Queen, we are in the middle of war. We've once lost hope when your grandfather passed away. We cannot manage to once again go through another lose because your throne is in great danger. We need another heir. We have to ensure that the bloodline is safe!" One of the members of the council said.

"Marrying that peasant is already an act of immorality, especially to a royal! To a princess. It's better to just behead that girl!" Another one said and that's when the calm Queen's ears perked up and her gaze found that person's own pair of orbs.

"Who are you to order me that?" Asked Jennie and that's when the chaos from person to person settled as they give their majesty her time to speak.

No one spoke as they bow down low.

"Who are you to decide of what's better for this throne? To detach your Queen's wife's head from her body is not a way to call it safe! You do know that doing such may spark another war far worse than this, yet again. Have you lost your mind? How did you manage to be inside this palace?" Jennie yelled, standing up from her seat.

For them, it was horrifying to see their Queen in that condition, mad. But one person stood up. With an intention that he might snap their queen from her reverie.

"I wish to speak, your Highness." The adviser said.

Jennie looked at him and calmed herself, sitting down on her throne once again while throwing daggers at everyone.

The adviser took this as a sign for him to speak, so he did.

"You refuse to tell us what's the reason behind this war, but you made clear to us right now that the reason is uhmm, *eheem* Q-... Queen Lisa. Though, we don't know what does your Highness's wife has something to do with King Jong-in's betrayal to our kingdom. I think it'll be better to divorce Queen Lisa. For the people is suffering due to King Jong-in's wrath. It may calm him down." The adviser said.

True to his words, the Queen left in awe as she thought.

Yes, she knew why her cousin declared this war, he wants her wife. It was shallow to think, but the war isn't. So she started questioning everything... She did not want to give her wife up. She doesn't care if the palace falls down. She doesn't care if the throne has no security. She doesn't care if she lose her fight against the people, and her unstable relationship with Lisa.

She doesn't care about anything, except her marriage.

"If losing my wife is what it takes to win the war for my people, why can't a Queen be a loser?"