Company.

"Are you out of your mind? Why must you adopt a legitimate 23 years old, mentally disabled girl?!" He asked as if it's the most silly thing ever.

"Because I have to," I replied dryly, as I remove my neckace.

"Why do you have to?!" He shouts this time.

"For the company."

"God-damn it, Jennie! For the nth time, you're rich! Filthy rich— we are. I don't see why you have to do that. That's just stupid thing to do!" He said as he walk side ways, looking at me.

I continue my steps until I reach final step and said, "I don't need to explain any further, Taehyung. You heard me, that's final."

"No, Jennie, listen to me. I studied law and believe me when I tell you that you will never be able to get full custody on that disabled person," I mentally rolled my eyes.

This conversation is taking way longer that it needs to be.

"You used to, yes, only that you failed your college. Just because you've been in a law school doesn't mean you know better than me, Taehyung. Yes, I know for a fact that her parents will not let me adopt the kid. Don't take me for a dumb head," I replied with the same tone.

I again went back to taking steps towards my room— our room rather, with him, tailing me.

"Then, why do you still insist? You have your company. It's not falling nor it will for the next years so why?" I stayed quiet, not finding the urge to combat his nonsense.

Instead, I went the vanity, undoing my coat.

"Jennie, what about me?"

I avert my eyes towards him, with my eye brows arched rudely.

"What about you? What's with you?"

"What about me!?! My opinion towards this relationship! My decisions for this family?! What about the kids, Jennie?!" He snapped as he slammed the door behind.

I gasped and straightened my posture as I made a fist, pointing at him with my right index finger.

"Don't even try and include the kids here— don't try and make it look like as if I forbid your words in this family... Look, I don't see your problem. It's not like I'll give you all up. All I have to do is to have that girl's custody under my name. I need to have that company," I uttered, sighing and remove my coat.

"And you can. You have money, you have power," this time he said with calmer voice.

"Do you still not understand? I've been explaining you the same shit for months!I can't, otherwise I will— she's the only entry ticket to have that company. I'm doing this for my family!" I added.

"This is my family, too, Jen. I'm doing my hardest to not mess it up! Just— when did you became so ambitious? Since when?!" He asked airily.

My gaze hardened as I stared back at him.

You want to know, huh? Sure, you will.

I swallowed.

"Since the first time you failed..." Pausing, I raised my chin confidently.

"Since the first time you failed— as a partner. As brother. As a son. As a husband. As a Father..."

"Since the first time you failed as a person... There— did you get the answer you're looking for?" I scoffed at his reaction.

You see you? What ashame, you just did.

"Taehyung— for years, I've felt like I was the only one who thrives for this family... I felt like I was the only one who's doing my hardest for this family. While you let yourself fall over and over again... While I always say, you will succeed in the future, I've always felt like I shouldn't fail. Because I'm not allowed to... Because I always feel that if I fail— us, too, will. My family, too, will."