Chapter 10 - Pool makeover

A/N: listen to the music itll help set the mood'

3rd POV

You didn't sleep well because of last nights humidity,maybe because of other factors as well, but that is something you don't want to think about just yet.

Still getting a flushed feeling whenever she crosses your mind. You can't understand what Ahri's intentions are.

Just teasing or something entirely else?

You rub your face

"as if that would make your thoughts go away." I scoffed

It is day five, time went so fast when I'm with Ahri, but what will happen when she leaves?. Just as you thought you were done, another question creeps in.

Do you even want your life to go back to normal? Letting out a small sigh of frustration over this dilemma, you head downstairs towards the kitchen.

"Good morning, Y/N!" Y/n nearly jumped, as Ahri already at the table, two bowls, two spoons, a pack of milk and a new box of Pantheon's corn flakes.

"I'm starving hurry up! I almost started eating without you!" Ahri whined as you take a seat.

"Thanks, I guess" Y/n answered in monotone voice, while Ahri started pouring herself some cereal.

"Just a plain thanks?" Ahri makes a pout face

"You're right, I should give you a hug" You say it sarcastically, but as you look at Ahri, she has small blush and smile

"It would be a start..." she looks you in the eyes while putting the spoon of cereal in her mouth.

For some time, no one says anything anymore, just the crunching of cereal. Maybe because you don't know what to say or maybe because the sexual tension within the air, but as you eat the last spoons of cereal, she starts another talk.

"So, what do you have planned for today? Yesterday was boring sitting around watching TV" she asks, while stirring the milk for a bit.

"Well, we could look what that was in the tall gra..." she already gives you a glance even before you can finish your sentence.

Not knowing if you really should really push your luck already but you already guess what was in the tall grass.... possibly her fox form.

"I didn't plan anything for today. So I guess we should look for something to do" you answer.

"What about the old pool in the backyard?" Ahri tilts her head slightly

"The old pool? We can take a look if you want" you say while shrugging a bit, not actually knowing in which condition it actually is.

"Sweet, I'll head there first!" she happily skips into the hall, you hear Ahri slam her room door.

The pool is closest to the house so it isn't the worst option to start but the grass still looks horrible from my viewpoint.

Y/n heads over the pool scanning the area. Its overall condition looks pretty well maintained, just needs a scrubbing off the dark mud, rainwater and leaves.

"Looks good overall, just some ..." Ahri says over your shoulder startling you for a second time this day, causing you to nearly stumble into the empty pool.

"Why do you keep surprising me you fox?!" Y/n asked somewhat panicked.

"Maybe I just love your taken-by-surprise face" she chuckles.

Y/n POV

I sighed and stand up

"Well we're gonna need some buckets and sponges fo-" Ahri cuts me off

"Way ahead of you honey" she accidentally slips out.

I smile at the nickname.

Time skip magic!

Noon passes as the last bucket of mud is emptied out towards the woods, the sun slowly disappearing above the clouds. Regardless the heat still manages to best at both your necks.

"So why do your grandparents have a pool? There's a lake nearby, no?" Ahri asks while taking a break from scrubbing the tiled walls

"It's pretty far walk, especially for an elderly couple such as my grandparents " I chucked

"But do they even take care about their pool?" Ahri questions but not insulting your grandparents

"I guess they were caught up with the new hotel to even care bout the old hotel and pool" Ahri chuckles a bit as she begins scrubbing again.

"My nan always said, it's never be too early to start or too late to stop, so just go on as long as you enjoy your hobby" Ahri mentions.

"That sounds like a terrible advice in certain situations" I scoffed thinking of all the times I missed homework.

"Well, that't what dad always said afterwards, but my nan didn't care, she was a gardener and said she would be a gardener until the end of her time..." she says in some type of sad voice

"But is it really worth it continuing with something that just makes you unhappy?" I remarked.

Ahri does not answer at first, leaving you stuck in an awkward silence.

Ahri PoV

"I always thought that she was somewhat right, sometimes it is better to run with things, even if they hurt, it is often the best way to just go" A small aching pain in my heart starts.

Every since I started doing pop music I thoroughly enjoyed it, but after popstars it started going downhill for me. The manager forcing us to go on tour after tour without a single break. Always being busy with scheduling, paperwork, and especially avoiding the paparazzi.

"Sounds like something strict parents would tell you" I didn't answer. I just stayed silent, as I turn away from Y/n, my ears slowly folding inwards.

The wind picked up a bit, clouds now drenching the sky grey.

"Everything okay Ahri?" Y/n has a very worried look on his face

"I... it is just that..." I couldn't say the words I wanted to.

I'm not sure if I could tell this boy how i felt. Cause he might see me differently but he hadn't treated me with an special treatment.

Treated me like a normal person with care and concern.

Before I could continue to speak a loud thunder ripped through the sky. Piercing our ears with its shear noise.