Chapter 14 - Pillow Fight

I didn't really sleep well, well who wouldn't with constant loud thunder cracks, besides, my body wouldn't let me go to sleep.

Still a bit drowsy, I jump out of bed, shivering cold as soon as i left the warm comfort of my blanket.

"Bi-polar ass weather" I shivered

It seems like the rather chilly weather compared to yesterdays hot weather. But that was just a minor problem, as a simple warm shower will easily fix this, but as I tried to flick on the light switch, I realized that there is maybe another problem that I have to face.

I tried a few times more, but as nothing happens I let out a small groan, one thing is clear, I need a shower, or this damned feeling of still being half asleep won't go away.

Still feeling cold to the bone, I made my way down the stairs, maybe its just a problem in the upper floors, but as soon as you see Ahri sitting at the table, still in her blanket, I realized it is not just the upper floor.

Ahri: "Heyy, Y/N" Ahri tries to give you a somewhat tried smile

"So, it is everywhere huh?" she nods

Ahri: "I-I-I only realized i-I-it once I already turned on the shower light" it sounds like she is telling you a war memory, and she certainly looks like that, wrapped up in her blanket, only her head and right arm poking out.

Maybe the breaker blew a fuse, just switch it on, or get one out of the supply closet and everything is fine again, firing up the fireplace would be an option too, I just remembered where grandpa kept the firewood.

Out in the garden, besides the shed, in the open and I didn't even have to look in the direction to know that there is no roof above, so that option falls flat too.

"Shit, wet firewood"

"I am going to look if something is wrong with the fuse box" I say as I turned around,

Ahri: "And I'm going with you!" the blanket goblin proclaims happily

"Are you sure? I mean the cellar will not be any warmer than this, maybe even colder". She seems to think about that for a time, really battling with herself, but she seems to have come to a determined conclusion.

Ahri: "Just sitting around freezing is boring, I wanna accompany you!" she says proudly, as resisting the cold would be an honorable duty.

Something inside of you does not know, if that was good or bad, maybe she'd will be just like you, "helping" your father repairing the car.

I chuckled.

After grabbing two flashlights and making our way down into the basement, we are engulfed in almost complete darkness. Neither the basement hallway nor the boiler room have windows and even with the dim cone of light the flashlights provide, I still feel a bit uncomfortable.

Ahri was tightly pressed against me as a small creek scared her

Ahri: "Eep!"

It just gets worse as the light from the staircase expires as you enter the boiler room. Without electricity, the room lays silent in the dark, as you both search for the fuse box, finding it with the bright light shining down from the staircase was much easier back then.

Ahri: "Did you find it yet?" Ahri asks, you can almost hear her shiver even with your back to her.

"Not yet, okay? I also m want to get some heat and light" She does not answer, just a happy sounding shriek.

Ahri: "Found it!" I turn, only to see her standing in front of a wall mounted cabinet.

"Do you know how a fuse box looks like?" you ask, she looks back to the cabinet, back to you, her ears slowly laying flat to her head.