Chapter 11 - Scared of Lightening

The few drops of raindrops turn to thousands, with the crackling thunder piercing the sound barrier each minute.

"This bipolar ass weather" I thought

Ahri grabs your wrist, mumbling something about foxes having a sense for thunderstorms, before pulling you towards the door.

You both reached the kitchen gasping for air after sprinting for a solid minute. Both your shirts suffered from the downpour of water making a FLOP sound.

"Could't really save ourselves from the rain" Y/n looks over to Ahri

A blush forming on Y/N's face as he look away, although you did stare at her at first.

"What is it Y/N? Something wrong, something on my face?" Ahri said with and anxious look and voice as she began checking herself for any sign of blood, she also notices it.

Y/n PoV

Just wrapping her arms around her chest, she leaves, a light red decorating her cheeks.

"P-pervert..." She blushes and rushes towards her room. After hearing the door slam,

"Poor door" I thought

A/n: POPQUIZ: Who said that in Just My Luck?

I head towards my room to change

The TV signal combines with the sound of water against the window, I gave up after some time trying to get a clear signal, the weather seems to really interfere with it.

Turning off the TV and walking around the mansion's hallway, a new sound is heard through the raindrops. I focus and try to listen to it, a low whimpering sound, it almost seems distressed. As you carefully listen to it, you can slowly pinpoint it to one place of origin.

Ahri's room.

"Fuck what should I do..." I stood against her door

"she a grown adult, she most likely wants to deal with it alone....right?" I don't even know what is up, maybe just a thing of her people, who knows.

"Could she be scared of thunderstorms.?" I thought

When they happened, they were always terrifying for you as a kid, the loud constant thundering wouldn't let you sleep. Every time I would stay there and look outside the window with fear each night, grandma would always come in and calm you down, staying until you were asleep.

It feels like you would let down your grandma if I didn't do the same now for someone else. I'm a bit hesitant but I gently knock on the door.

"Everything okay Ahri? Is it okay if I come in?" I raise my voice against the loud clamming of thunder and rain.

No answer comes, the whimpering seems to continue though, the doorknobs cold metal feels heavy in your hands as you hesitate to move the doorframe an inch.

Yet you feel like this is the time you have to leave your own comfort zone, just do the right thing. The door swings open without making a sound, giving you a look into the room. As another thunder cracks, it lights up the room through the open curtains for some seconds.

The lightning barely exposed Ahri under her blanket, the blanket pulled over her head as she lies there curled up, only her tail poking out. You make your way towards the open curtains and close them, maybe that will lighten Ahris mood.

"Hey, Ahri?" I try to sound as gentle as possible, making cautious steps towards her.

The closer you get, it sounds more like a mix of chattering and whimpering. As I reached the bed, you sit down on its edge.

"Now or Never" I braced myself

I lift up the blanket and noticed Anri looks incredible distressed, like she was having a terrible nightmare.

I remember what Grandma use to do, slowly petting her head while humming a song

Your right hand gently strokes through her blonde hair, as you hum the tune your grandma taught you and with time her whimpering gradually stops, her breaths get less ragged as she calms down.

Ahri head was nuzzled to against my thigh as a pillow, some strands of her hair fell into her face.

"Ahri should be asleep now" As I begun to stand up Ahri seems to hold back my shirt

"Please... I... I'm scared of thunderstorms, please stay with me." She sounds so fragile, so vulnerable just by the sound of her voice.

"Okay" I show her a soft smile as I lay in front of her

"I'll always be here" I pull a strand of hair of her face

"Mm thank you" She says