Chapter 16 - Grandma's Recipe

Y/n POV

As we both break up the cuddle, it feels slightly colder in the room, my body yearning for another embrace. Maybe it really is just the change in temperature, but this simple thing, a kiss and a hug, it felt so addicting. It felt like it even suppressed your hunger, as just now the creeping feeling of an empty stomach crosses to my mind.

The ground floor is a bit warmer than the basement, yet it doesn't feel that cold anymore, at least warm enough to cook and eat.

"Do you wanna cook together?" I ask her, as you two reach the kitchen door,

Ahri: "Want to steal my recipes?" she gives you a smug look

"Whats stopping me from just taking it" I suddenly pick her up, a sudden yelp escape her mouth.

"That wasn't funny Y/n!" she pouts, while struggling a bit in your embrace

"If you want, we can just cook a recipe of my grandma's cookbook" I mentioned

Ahri: "Okay but can you let me down first?" She squirms in my arms

"Obviously, I can hardly cook with you in my arms" I remarked as I let her down cautiously.

After some hesitation, I went to bring out my grandma's cookbook, Ahri scrolls through every page with fascination, with seemingly glistening view in her eyes, until she stops at a page and even without asking you, it was decided what you two will cook today.

It surprised me a bit on how fast all these tasks suddenly go by, it feels like only some minutes went by as you stand at the stove, stirring the risotto.

"I should not have let her choose" I thought, as the eternity of stirring seemingly without end.

Stir until the wished consistency is reached and what is the wished consistency? Something that will never come as it still looks more like rice pudding than risotto.

Ahri: "Don't stop cooking alright, chef?" Ahri hugged me from behind, around my lower waist, resting her head on my left shoulder,

"Doing my best out here" I let out a sigh

"Really? Maybe you need a bit motivation?" It feels only like a hint at first, but i felt the second kiss on my neck, a shivering feeling running through my back, letting my hairs stand

She lets out a small chuckle, yet it sounds so sweet, sweet enough to cover over this lingering pain forming in your right arm and you thought it was well trained.

The Italians must be patient people, it nearly took another quarter of an hour until it finally got this "wished consistency", but as you see the smile on Ahris face, all this seems worth it.

It feels a little bit like a first date, the light of the candles replacing the electric one, we both facing each other, those shy smiles each of you get when your eyes meet, the sound of bumping hearts. So simple, yet it feels so powerful, moments no other feeling will ever reach. The silence does not feel weird, it feels like harmony.

Two souls, one thought, no words

A/n: sorry for super short chapter, work and holidays are keeping me busy -0-