Chapter9 - Perfectly Wrong

Lando's Pov

I checked myself into the same hotel after leaving her room. I didn't have the energy to do anything else, let alone mission back across town to my hotel. I was also just emotionally exhausted.

The lady at the front desk was nice enough to give me a free upgrade and sent some painkillers afterwards without asking too many questions.

I suspect she might've known who I was but she wasn't weird about it which was a relief. The paracetamol helped me sleep a bit and again this morning with the migraine.

After washing away the remains of the night before, I wore the same black dress pants with the matching black shirt and white sneakers. Good thing I decided to sleep in my boxers too cause now I look decent enough to at least get into an Uber without getting any suspicious looks.

Once I was done, I made a quick call to my actual hotel to schedule a late checkout since I wasn't going to make it for noon. This also meant that I was going to miss my flight with the others but The Netherlands and Belgium are neighbours so I wasn't too stressed about it.

After a few minutes, everything was arranged and I thanked the man on the other side of the phone for his help and hung up.

My head was pounding, being hungover is dreadful.

Drinking heavily at the club was an impulsive move on my part, I remember Kelly even asking me to slow down at one point. It's not that I was doing it to be wreckless or to get wasted, it was just what I needed.

It worked for a while until it didn't and then the next thing I knew I was knocking on her door. How do you drunk dial a girl who's number you don't have? You don't. You just show up at her hotel room at 3am in the morning.

But it's almost noon and I need to leave this place. The elevator doors opened on the 13th floor and I stepped in.

•Ping• It's surprising that my phone is still alive.

"Fuck."

Like a puzzle missing it's last piece, it all started to make sense.

"That means the whole time..."

The realisation of what this screenshot from Pierre meant kicked in. She's actually his daughter?

Last night.. the things I said to her. It was all starting to play out in my head. Of course she didn't want him to know, especially if what she said is true. If she had no idea who I was when we met.

There was no ground where I stood, no air to breathe in and no light at the end of the tunnel. I thought I'd figured it all out but I was wrong.

I couldn't control the wave that was about to take me under even if I wanted to. It started in my knees, the all too familiar feeling of losing control and then like clockwork my heart started racing, the sweat started building up and then it was followed by the cold chill that seems to cripple me at the core.