Chapter 35 - Julieth To Your Romeo

Liv's POV

Liv's IG story • Posted 5 hours ago •

~~

The last half of the Brazilian Grand Prix is the soundtrack for our busy afternoon while we wrap up with preparations in our Hilton hotel penthouse.

"Bummer about Lando's DNF. The kid can't seem to catch a break this week." Zoey is cutting up the last of the fresh strawberries to go on the cake.

"Yeah," I manage in a low voice throwing one of the red fruits in my mouth. "He seemed really sad last night too but I guess I didn't have the words to make him feel better."

I can feel Zoey's eyes on me, peering behind the grey of her glasses. Her gaze feels somewhat interrogative but for a moment there, she doesn't say anything.

"And that's the chequered flag. It's George Russell for Mercedes followed closely behind by his fellow teammate and fan favourite here in the city of Rio de Janeiro, Lewis Hamilton."

The race has finally come to an end.

"Well hopefully this will cheer him up a bit. That and everything else you have planned for when he gets back from the track."

Lando's last minute surprise wouldn't have been possible without Zoey. I could barely crack an egg on my own, let alone bake an entire cake.

Sometime last night while laying next to him, I had the idea to get the recipe for his childhood cake from his mom.

But the somewhat small idea soon snowballed into an intimate dinner which would be followed by a rooftop party with some of the other drivers and McLaren staff. Daniel, Isa and Carlos are helping wrangle everyone up and get them up to speed with the plan.

Zoey has also been supportive. She's listened when I needed her to, laughed when it was funny, rolled her eyes mockingly when she thought I was simping but most importantly, she's given him a fair chance to be himself while she gets to know him.

Bianca on the other hand has been distant for a while now. Her and Pierre dating has done wonders for her modelling career. It's also been hard to maintain our friendship in the paddock because we move in different circles but Pierre told Carlos they'd be coming to the party later tonight.

"I still can't believe you called his mom for the recipe."

"She was actually really nice about it," I mumble hopping off the marbled counter. "Once I explained who I was, and why I was calling at 7 in the morning."

"And who were you exactly? Her future daughter-in-law? Olivia Brown-Norris?"

"You say that like we weren't all supposed to have dinner before I lost my passport and ended up in hospital because of some psycho obsessed stalker."

A beautiful table prepared for two sits in the center of the living room. A white cloth drapes over it as orange, white and red rose petals adorn not only the table but the pathway leading up to it. The city backdrop sets the mood for what will be a romantic birthday dinner.