Chapter 28 - Daddy Issues

Liv's POV

"You know you can't avoid him forever right?"

Lando softly brushes his lips against the back of my shoulder.

With every touch, every kiss and every sleepy eyed gaze, he cautiously knocks down the pained bricked walls built around my fragile heart.

"Who says I'm avoiding him?"

Truth be told, maybe I am avoiding him a little bit but not because of Lando. If I know my dad, he's heard about the crazy woman incident from yesterday and most likely wants to give me a lecture on my safety and being more responsible. "You're not just Olivia anymore. At the races you're Olivia Brown, McLaren Racing CEO's daughter." And I guess Lando Norris's girlfriend too now.

"The 10 missed calls say you're avoiding him."

Our sleepy eyes meet in the bathroom mirror in front of us and he flashes me a lazy smile. I am quickly hypnotised by the sparkle of his baby blues. His tan skin compliments the brown of mine perfectly as he stands over me in his black boxers.

I have messy bedroom hair and am wearing a matching two piece champagne coloured pyjama set. The silk shorts ride up my ass when he presses himself against me.

Something flutters in the depths of my stomach or maybe my heart and I can only hope my blush isn't a dead giveaway. It might've been one of our more rockier moments but Mexico has also been beautifully good to us. At least that's the part I'm choosing to focus on for the next three days as we spend some alone time here.

Lando brings my body closer to his as he wraps his arms around me and buries his face in my neck. "You are my favourite smell," he says taking a big whiff of me.

Cocking my head to the side, I cross my arms under his and laugh. "You better not say I smell like anything remotely related to food." He squirms in my ear and confirms my suspicion. It's crazy to me how quickly he can switch from being devilishly sexy to mischievously boyish.

The Briton driver tries to suppress his giggles behind my back but it's no use. "Lando Norris! Out with it," I demand.

"You smell like cocoa butter," he says eventually giving up. "It reminds me a bit of this cake my mom would bake for us as kids anytime one of us needed a bit of cheering up."

His face gets flushed from embarrassment but his awkwardly nervous laugh following his explanation is oddly sweet.

A look that's become one of my favourites over time is staring back at me, something I used to secretly hold on to in the paddock deeply tucked away under short exchanges and stolen glances.

Us officially dating happened over a long period of time but almost instantly. We were nothing and then everything almost all at once. With all that, I am still trying to figure out how I'm going to navigate this with my dad but it needs to happen sooner rather than later, especially with Daniel posting that picture of us at Checo's party.