Chapter 25 - Till The End

Liv's POV

The first day of Mexico was anything but disappointing. Travelling the world with my dad and the team these last couple of months has taught me many things about not only myself but about people in general. One of those things being, the nicer and warmer the country, the nicer, more vibrant and welcoming its people will be.

It had been about 4 days since I last spoke to Lando on the stair way and baby butterflies were anxiously fluttering about in my stomach at the thought of seeing him but it has to happen today. It'll all be over in a few minutes.

"Olivia, thank you so much for coming in this late afternoon on such short notice. Please sit down." The new PR manager requested a last minute meeting this afternoon where Lando would be in attendance too.

"Just Liv please and no problem," I say. "I was over at the Ferrari hospitality anyway so it wasn't a stretch." I glance over at Lando who sheepishly laughs and shakes his head. The sun in Austin took a liking to him because his skin melted into this new buttery bronze.

He's dressed down in a light black hoodie and matching sweatpants with his curls still wet from having recently taken a shower. When he playfully leans back in his chair to get a view of me, the look on his face is the same one he'd given me last week after he'd kissed me and said it was to help me think about things.

"You should try spending more time here with us at McLaren, who knows? Maybe you're our missing link."

I roll my eyes dramatically and give him a devilish smirk. He has this ability of drifting between being this sweet comedic angel and then he becomes this completely different guy behind close doors. I wonder if that happens in other areas of his life too.

Alex clears his throat to remind us he's still in the room. "Right, let's have a go at it then," he stammers.

"Yeah, why am I here?" I sit down in the chair next to the Brit and cross my arms over my chest.

"Yes, please do enlighten us Alex. Why have Liv and I been summoned into this meeting." The racing driver leans back a long way, tilting his chair like small children do. Is he like this with other people too?

"I'm just going to come out and say it like it is and I want to preface this by saying that in a different profession it would of course be none of anyone's business but due to who you are individually and as a pairing, it needs to be addressed. Especially with Olivia's popularity growing in the media recently."

"As a pairing? What are you on about mate?" The surprise in his voice echoes in the room for the both of us. "Is Liv going to be a reserve driver for McLaren now or something?"

"No Lando. It's not that kind of pairing." Alex pauses and looks down at his hands before saying, "There are a few rumours circulating the track, mostly among some of the media personnel and back room barista talk that the two of you have been seeing each other."

"Seeing each other?" We repeat after him. Lando sneezes, squeals or laughs. He immediately leans forward and stops rocking his chair.

"Yes. You were spotted numerous times in Austin looking, how can I put this? Suggestive with each other. We'd like to put the fire out before it burns the house down."

A cold chill runs up my spine and I can't help but sound annoyed when I speak. "Put the fire out? Suggestive? Can you please stop with the PR jargon and give it to us straight? Like you said you would. Spotted by who?"

"Right," he continues. "Last Tuesday in Austin, an F1 blogsite posted pictures of what looked like the two of you flirting, holding hands and looking at each other longingly. It's my understanding that these images were taken during a moment that was blasted all throughout the nightclub on their tv screens as Zedd introduced Lando. Olivia Brown supports McLaren Driver Lando Norris off track as he Dj's at the red bull after party."