2

“Don’t have regrets. You can learn something from every experience.”
— Ellen Degeneres

*.*.*

I stared out the window of the car. The sky was darkening by the minute, I could feel my insides churning as my anxiety levels grew the closer I got to Hana's.

Hana and I had been friends since forever. We used to live together before I met Drew. After me and Drew got married we kinda got distant with each other. She always warned me that it would never work out but I never listened and eventually she stopped bothering with it. I was infatuated with Drew and with a shot at my happy ending I dropped my job, a shot at a career and almost lost my best friend and to surprise her without any warning made me feel guilty as hell but she was my last option.

So I called, I didn't tell her about our divorce yet but I bet she would throw a party at the information. She's never been a fan of Drew's and I honestly can't blame her. So to spare myself a talking to, I lied and claimed me and Drew had a fight again and I just needed space at the moment and she was very willing to let me stay over.

The car stops in front of a pristine looking home. I get out reluctantly, ignoring the voices in my head telling me not to.

I stood at the door for about a minute or more. My eyes cast to the ground as my feet shuffled against the concrete. I don't know why I just couldn't gather up the courage to knock.

"Soo...are you gonna keep standing there like a manikin or were you gonna knock before I came?"a voice interrupted my thoughts but it wasn't Hana.

Hana's voice was soft but this one was husky and oddly familiar. One I hadn't heard in a years. My eyes shoot up to the figure standing in front of me. He was taller than I remember and his dark hair was tied up into a short ponytail at the back of his head. His features held nothing but disinterest until his gray eyes settled on my suitcases laying beside my feet. He gives me a once over and lets out a small puff of air.

I didn't respond as he opened the door wider before stepping back into the house. I followed suit, shutting the door behind me ...

"Hana ain't home yet." He said making his way to the couch before taking a seat, not sparing me a glance.

"When will she get back?"

"Don't know."he replies after a moment of aimlessly flipping through the channels.

After a couple of minutes of awkward silence with me standing by the door shifting on my feet uncomfortably as he scrolled through channels that didn't pique his interest,he got up heading towards the stairs before stopping and turning to face me with a blank look on his face.

"You can help yourself to something in the kitchen if you're hungry. Hana won't be home until pretty late in the night and I don't think it's necessary to show you where you'll be sleeping."

I gaped at the attitude I was getting from him but ignored it heading to my room once he disappeared into his own, noting how everything looked neat and clean just like it used to. I made my way over to the bed flopping on top of it.

I let out a breath as exhaustion takes over me. My head racing with unwanted thoughts that soon fade Into an echoing silence as I fall asleep to the sound of rain hitting the roof.

**...**

I sat staring at the droplets that slowly dripped down the window. I wasn't sure if we were gonna be able to make it today but Liana would be highly upset if I told her so I didn't bother waking her up from her nap.