11

Klay's pov.

*****

I noticed a slight change in Rian's behavior. She was smiling a little more and actually trying to take better care of herself and her baby. She went for her usual check ups either with or without us. She was glowing and I could not deny that.

When I left Jack, Molly and those bunch of girls that cling to me.like koalas the other night i only had one thought running through my mind.

I needed to be with Rian.

She would be alone and that didn't sit well with me. So I bailed on Jack and Molly and headed straight home, and I was glad I did.

When I got back the first thing I noticed was that the front door was open. I was scared shitless rushing out of my car and bolting towards the house but then realized people were talking inside the closer I got. That didn't do anything to soothe me though until I recognized Rian's voice, the second sounding familiar as well. The closer I got the better I had the conversation. It took all my willpower to not storm Inside and punch Drew across his face.

I was worried what he had said would affect Rian again but realized I had nothing to worry about once she gave me a reassuring smile and said she was okay. I could tell she meant it.

I sat on the couch silently scrolling through my laptop before two pairs of feet made their way down the steps. I quickly shut my laptop before turning to face the girls.

Hana raised a brow at my weird behavior but Rian didn't seem to notice. She had her focus directed to her purse as she rummaged through it before pulling out her phone.

She smiles at me and Hana before saying something I didn't expect her to." Do you guys wanna come with me to the graveyard?"

I could see how tense she became but Hana gave her a soft smile."Of course."

Rian looked at me and I couldn't deny the fact that I was captivated by her once her soft brown eyes made contact with mine. She was dressed in a white dress that was covered in flowers. Her hair was pulled back into a ponytail but a few strands fell out cupping her cheeks perfectly.

I hadn't realized I was practically ogling at her with a smile on my face till Hana let out a cough, raising a brow at me.

I flushed..I felt the heat rise to my ears and cheeks and let out a nervous cough."uh uhm we should get going, yeah?" I say walking towards the door."I'll drive."

Hana sat in the back seat and Rian took the front seat. She smiled at me as she clicked her seatbelt into place and I smiled back.

I took a look at the rear view mirror and noticed Hana staring at me with raised brows and a knowing look. I looked ahead and started driving, making sure to avoid anymore eye contact between us.

*.*.*

The drive to the graveyard was silent. I could feel a shift in the air once we arrived. Rian played with the bracelet on her wrist absentmindedly . Finally after a minute she inhaled and exhaled slowly before getting out and we followed suit.

We walked for a short distance before coming to a stop at two Graves one read Liana with flowers engraved Into the stone and the other read Lora. It was bare of any decoration.

"I forgot the flowers,"Rian says suddenly. She stood staring at Liana's grave with a hurt expression."She didn't like flowers but Drew insisted on putting them on it."She adds her eyes on Lora's grave now.

Me and Hana stayed silent. We didn't know what to say to her. Well at least I didn't. Hana grabs my hand and directs me away from Rian. I watch Rian kneel in front of Lora's grave mumbling something inaudible.

"What's up with you lately Klay?"Hana asks once we are out of ear shot, forcing me to look her way.

"What?"I say, confusion clouding my mind.

"I saw how you were looking at her."she snaps before taking a deep breath and adding." Rian isn't in a position for you to come in and break her further."

I looked at Hana with furrowed brows."I have no idea what the hell you're talking about Hana but whatever it is I'm not gonna hurt her okay."

"You better not."she says, looking away from me and walking towards the entrance.

I dumbly follow behind her before abruptly stopping deciding against it. What the fuck was that about? I let out a breath running a hand down my face.

"You guys had a fight." A sigh escapes my lips as I turn to face Rian. Her puffy eyes looked between me and I felt a sting in my heart. She had been crying.

I smile softly at her before answering."It's nothing to worry about. She's just being Hana."

She gives a look before nodding and walking after Hana. I sigh and follow behind her as slowly as I could not wanting to be in the same cramped car with Hana at the moment.

Once we get to the car though Hana takes the front seat leaving Rian to settle at the back. She didn't seem to mind though and she even smiled at me through the rear view mirror once we made eye contact. Her smile was short and sweet and I felt my lips twitch upwards slightly.

Hana didn't say anything to me and neither did I try to speak to her. She could bitch about whatever it was she was bitching about but there was no way in hell I was letting her ruin this for me. I backed out of the parking lot turning the radio up and drumming my fingers on the steering wheel trying to form a coherent beat.