7

Hana sat quietly reading a magazine. We hadn't talked about what Drew said and I didn't want to. I was upset but I didn't have any strength in me to question her on her actions

They had done some tests and now I waited anxiously to see the doctor. I wasn't totally happy about keeping this baby but putting it in danger made me feel like a horrible person.

Minutes later I sat inside the doctor's office Klay standing beside me.
"So Miss Anders the good news is the baby seems to be doing quite well. In Fact it's better than what we expected but for extra measure you're gonna have to take extra care of yourself. No more drinking. No more smoking. This is the best way to go."

I listened intently to what he said. He said I was two months pregnant.He spoke about maternity clubs that were held and I couldn't imagine myself in one but I promised I'd make time to pass by. I lied.

We walk out of the office causing Hana to glance our way and she gets up walking up to us. "All good?"

"Yeah." I didn't know whether to tell her to cut the act or let it be but for now I had so much going on and a fight was something I really didn't need.

I was glad the baby was fine. I don't know if I would be able to forgive myself if my carelessness had caused any harm.

I smiled softly, Klay was right. It wasn't fair for me to abort it. It deserved better and I would do everything I could to make sure he or she doesn't end up like me or Liana.

"A penny for your thoughts."Klay says, walking beside me. He hadn't brought up the bathroom incident and I was grateful.

"I was just thinking what it's gonna be." I say.

"It's definitely a boy."he says confidently before adding"but what does it matter whether it's a girl or a boy."

"I hope it's a girl." Hana interjects."I don't want another little Klay running around the house." She says.

"I'm taking that as an insult." Klay says, rolling his eyes at her but she just smiles at him. He doesn't return the smile and her smile falters.

"We should go out tonight."for dinner tonight." Hana says." You know, to celebrate."

"Are you being for real right now ?" Klay deadpans.

"I don't mean 'let's go to a party and get drunk out'.. I mean let's go out for dinner." Klay narrowed his eyes at her before he looked at me waiting for me to decide."sure. I guess."

*.*.*

The diner was packed. We took a seat at the booth in the corner. Hana picked where we would eat. Apparently it was a new place that Opened a couple of weeks back and she had a friend who worked there.

I went through my phone ignoring Drew's texts before putting it on silent.

"Are you guys ready to order yet?" A voice says and I look up to meet a pair of blue eyes.

I instantly regretted my decision of looking up at her. Recognition flashed through her eyes before she raised her eyebrows at me. "Well, hello again."

"You guys know each other?" Hana asks, looking between me and the girl.

"She's the girl I told you about."I say vaguely.

"The one you slept with."Klay says bluntly.

"Wait what!" The girl's eyes are wide now as she turns to me wide eyed. "We did not. We were too drunk for anything to have happened."she says."all we did was kiss but that was it."

"Damn Tess..why didn't you tell me?" Hana asks.

"Wasn't important."

"Wait hold up so you're the friend who works here."I state.

"Yes, and you must be the friend she can't shut up about."

"I'm Rian."I say, stretching my hand out.

"I'm Tess but I think you already knew that."she smiles, shaking my hand.

It was an odd evening to say the least, meeting the girl I thought I slept with wasn't part of what I expected.We ordered our food and soon we're getting ready to leave.

"You look different." Tess says as her eyes roam over my body.

"Well obviously, she's pregnant." Han exclaims with a huge smile on her face. I guess she just can't keep her mouth shut.

"Oh. Wow that's..that's great." Tess says smiling along but her smile didn't reach her eyes.

"Yeah."I say smiling too.

We ordered our meals and ate in silence. I made no effort to talk to Hana for the rest of the night and neither did Klay. I could feel the tension building but I wasn't gonna be the first one to initiate that conversation.

"You shouldn't be telling everyone about Rian's pregnancy Hana."Klay spoke up.

"I don't see anything wrong with talking about it. She doesn't have a problem with it. Do you Rian?"

"Still it's her business to tell. So could you hush about it"

"Why are you getting all defensive over her?" Hana said, eyes dancing between the two of us.

"Don't start." Klay jumped in calling Tessa for the bill.

"Well I'll see you later Tess."Hana said to her friend as we got up from our seats, heading for the exit.

"Well she wasn't as hot as I expected." Klay says once we are outside and out of earshot from the diner.

"Seriously." I raised a brow at him and he shrugs

"Just stating facts."I just shake my head at him before we fall into silence.

*...*...*