5

Klay's POV
........

Hana and Rian were oddly quiet. It was weird. They always had something to say to the other but now they were both silently stabbing their eggs with a grim look on their faces.

Rian wasn't herself for the past days now Hana was acting strange.

"Are you guys okay?." I asked, my eyes focused on the way Rian seemed to shrink into herself.

"Yeah. We're good." Hana replies, giving Rian a look.

"No you're not. What's going on with you two?"I pressed, not satisfied with her answer.

"It's nothing, Klay , just leave it."Hana said, giving me a look as if to tell me to drop it.

"Hana it's okay."This time Rian speaks out giving her friend a soft smile before turning to me and sighing." He needs to know it's not right to keep him in the dark."

"Need to know what?"I asked, confused. What the fuck was happening right now and what did I need to know?

"I have to tell you something Klay." Rian states pushing her plate away I noticed she wasn't eating as much anymore. She looked exhausted and it worried me. She may not be the same girl I knew back then but I still cared about her.

"Spit it out then."I said a bit too harshly. I didn't mean to but the way they were making things seem was unnerving and It made me nervous.

"I'm pregnant,"she said. Her tone low barely above a whisper her eyes didn't meet mine for a second but when they did I saw something flash through them but it was gone so fast I felt like I had imagined it.

What? I didn't know how to react to that.. Shit.

"How long have you known?" I asked at a loss of something else to say. What were you supposed to say to something like that?

"A week."I feel my heart stop for a second waiting for her to continue."it's Drew's."

My mind goes blank. A part of me was hurt that they didn't tell me earlier but I shrug it off. I didn't know what to say to her or how to go about this but I had to ask. "Does Drew Know?"

She shakes her head slowly"No and I don't want him to."

"Why?"

" We are getting a divorce." She rushes out sighing"it's better he signs the papers before he uses this as an excuse to keep me with him." She says but I could see her mind was elsewhere.

I nodded slowly not knowing what to say. I was shocked by all she had had to say from the pregnancy to the divorce I looked to Hana and then to Rian again trying to formulate a sentence"well congratulations, I guess."

Rian frowns slightly before forcing a small smile on her face causing my eyebrows to pinch together. Hana's phone vibrates against the table, she grabs her phone and goes up to answer it leaving me alone with Rian.

"Are you keeping it?"I ask bleakly, noting how her body freezes at my sudden question.

"What?"she rushes out, staring at in disbelief.

"Rian you don't look happy about this. I saw the frown you tried to hide. You haven't been yourself for the past week so yeah are you gonna keep it?"

She stares at me, eyes blank. Her lips part and for a moment I think she's gonna say something but she doesn't. She presses her lips together Into a thin line. Taking in a deep breathe as she gets up and walks away.

*.*.*

"Don't tell me you still stressing over what happened." Jack's voice rings through my phone causing me to shake my head no as if he could see me.

"I ain't Jack." It was a lie and I knew he knew it too. I hadn't stopped thinking about it and I didn't think I would anytime soon.

I heard him sigh on the other end, "let her be she don't wanna talk about it so don't push it and come hang with us.We could hit the club and shit. Meet up with the girls" he suggests his voice taking on a playful tone to it.

"Molly would kill you if she found out about that."I chuckle to myself, imagining Jack getting his ass handed to him by his girlfriend.

"Them girls ain't for me. They's for you."he said, his accent thick with his every word. I roll my eyes at that fighting of a grin."So you in or not."

"Fine. I'll be there."a little fun wouldn't hurt. Me and Jack talk some more before I hung up. I started getting ready to head out.

I go through my clothes looking for what I would wear later on. I decided on a simple outfit. Jeans and a plain t-shirt. nothing special but comfortable enough. I grab my phone texting Jack and asking what time he would get there with Molly.

"You going out?"a voice said, startling me and causing me to drop my phone. I curse out looking over at Rian with wide eyes.

"Jeez, would it kill you to knock."I say a bit shaken up.. She raps her knuckles against the door softly and smiles apologetically.

"Sorry,"she said as she stepped in. I shake my head at her weirdness and look away.I grab my wallet and keys before facing Rian. She had her hair tied up in a loose bun with strands falling onto her face. She was clad in shorts and a t-shirt and had running shoes on.

"About what you said last night...."she said, her eyes focused on the floor."I'm gonna go see Drew tomorrow."

"Okay."I said, having nothing else to say to her. Her eyes met mine before she forced another smile on her face.

"Yeah, just wanted to let you know..anyway I'm going for a run so uh have fun wherever you're going.."she said, backing out of the room and just like that she was gone.

Hours later I was with Jack at the bar. We had had a couple of shots and I made out with a few women but all I could think about was the look on Rian's face when I asked her about keeping the baby or how forced her smile looked when she spoke to me today. Shit I'm overthinking things. I needed more booze