14

Rian's pov

*.*.*

Me and Hana packed up the last bits of my surprise for Klay. She was oddly quiet and I didn't know what had happened between her and Klay at the graveyard but since that day they've been acting strangely.

In Fact she had been keeping her distance from the house and hanging with Tess more for the past few days and it was just today when I called to ask for help that she even bothered showing up.

"That's everything."she says, shutting the car door and walking away without another word.

"Where're you going?"I ask.

"A friend's."Her tone was low when she replied. Slowly she turned back to face me, folding her arms.

"Tess's?"

"No."She says nothing further and I don't ask anything else. Instead I walk back Into the house and towards Klay's room. I knock a couple of times but get no answer.

I turn the knob walking into his room while calling out for him at the same time."Klay?"

His room was empty. His bed was well made and his closet doors were parted slightly. A photo lay on his bedside table reflecting the sunlight that peeked through the open blinds. I picked it up slowly realizing what was behind the glass frame.

It was a picture of him and Hana. She had her hands around his neck as she smiled widely. He held onto her, stopping her from falling over. His eyes were covered by a blue cap that hid away his dark locs as well but I could see a slither of a smile on his lips.

"What are you doing in here?"I gasp, the frame falling out of my hands and shattering on the floor.

My eyes widened, glancing between Klay and the shattered picture frame."Shit, I'm so sorry."I said, going to collect the mess of scattered glass I caused.

Klay placed a hand on my shoulder making me freeze up as I looked up at him. He reached for the glass that I held, releasing my grip and letting it fall back onto the rest.

"Get up. You'll cut yourself." He says, helping me off the floor.

"I'm really sorry."I say truthfully.

"Hush. It's okay. I'll clean it up later."Klay says, pushing back his currently wet curls out of his face.

I find myself staring at Klay's bare chest that I seemed to not notice due to my panicked state. I'm guessing he just got out of the shower. A few droplets of water still slid down the crevices of his well toned abs, disappearing into his jeans.

I inhaled sharply as I coughed on air."uhh-uhm."I stutter trying to get out of his room but instantly being blocked by Klay's frame as he grins at me.

He chuckled as he leaned closer to me ruffling my hair and walking around me like nothing happened. I don't glance back as I exit his room telling him to meet me outside when he's done.

To say that was the most awkward ride to where we were going would be an understatement. His grin never left his face and I flushed every time I felt his gaze on me.

"Where are we going?"Klay asks as we come to a stop at a red light.

"You'll see."I say devilishly.

"Should I be worried?"he asks, looking at me with a curious look. I ignore him smiling widely.

We reach the lake minutes later and his eyes glow in recognition."I should have known."he chuckles getting out of the car hurriedly.

I get out with our picnic basket and towel and walk towards the dock laying them on the ground and placing what we would need neatly on top.