10

Rian's pov

*.*.*

The next weeks pass by in a blur. I end up going shopping for new clothes with Hana and Tess tags along. It's been well over two hours since we got here and Hana was still rummaging through the clothes. Placing the ones she liked near her and discarding the rest.

I let out a pained sigh as Hana threw a dress at me. I catch it smoothly, glaring at her. She smiles apologetically before rushing me towards the dressing rooms.

I get in and take off what I had on and put on the blue gown she gave me. I had no idea why she was making me try this out. It wasn't casual. It was a god-damned party dress with glitter and shit.

My eyes flick to the woman standing in front of me. She looked different from the last time I saw her. Weeks back she looked exhausted and done with everything but now she had a glow to her. One that surprised me. I stand up straighter, flattening the dress as I look at my reflection.

My hands fall to the top of my tummy and a small smile makes its way to my face. My once flat belly was now a growing bump. It's been weeks since I found out and now that I see the progress as my little one grows inside of me. I can't help the motherly feeling that takes a hold of me.

My smile grows as I feel a gentle kick. I don't know why or how but soon my eyes turn glossy and I wipe at them.

Slowly, I exit the dressing room. Hana and Tess stare with their mouths agape. Hana reaches for me pulling me into a tight embrace.

"Oh my God!"she exclaimed."You look beautiful Ri."It takes me a moment to realize that she has tears in her eyes.

"Hey!! Don't you dare cry Hana...or else I'll start crying too."I say sniffing slowly.

"I won't. I promise but you just look so.."she says looking for the right word.

"Perfect."Tess interjects. She was sitting on the couch that was directly in front of the dressing room. Hana nods along to her statement causing my cheeks to flush.

"Thank you." I say to Tessa who just smiles at me. I go back in and change quickly, coming out to find Hana waiting for me. She starts ranting about how she hasn't found the perfect outfit yet and my mind slips from our conversation as I make eye contact with Tess.

She smiles and looks away quickly but I can't pretend like I didn't notice the frown she had seconds back.

After another agonizing hour of shopping later we finally went home. Hana went over to Tess's. She asked me to come with but I just wasn't in the mood so they left.

Klay was with his friends so that meant I had the house to myself. I spent the next hours binge watching some show that I had no idea about but it was somewhat Interesting.

A loud banging at the door startled me. I placed the bowl of popcorn I had been eating on the coffee table before slowly making my way to the door.

You know how a normal human being would be scared and cautious if someone came banging at their door at half past twelve in the night? Then there's me who didn't think much about it and opened the dang thing without peeking through the blinds first and I instantly regretted it.

Drew stood in front of me. He looked dazed. He was standing a few feet away from the door now and once he heard it open he turned to me. He looked at me calmly once he realized it was just me at the door."Hey."

Hey! Is he for real right now? He comes banging at the damn door at this hour and all he has to say is hey?

"What are you doing here Drew?"I asked, crossing my arms over my chest defensively.

"I'm here to check on my baby."he says walking forward I place a hand to the wall blocking him from coming in.

"That isn't necessary. You could have just called" so I could ignore you. I don't say the last part out loud though.

"It is. I have to make sure you haven't killed this one too."he snarls.

I stare at him blankly. At this moment I wanted to hit him but I refrained placing the anger I had away. "As you can see everything is perfectly fine."I say with a clenched jaw.

He ignores me, pushing me back slightly before walking into the house. His eyes scan the room and he lets out a dry laugh.

"Seriously Rian, you left me and our perfectly fine house to live in this dump." He says with a smirk on his face . "Is this where you plan on raising our baby?"

I look away from him breathing deeply. This house wasn't as big or glamorous as his apartment but it was way better than having to live with him. He was taunting me trying to get inside my head but I wouldn't let him.

"Leave."I say calmly.

His smirk widens and he stalks towards me. He reaches for me but a voice stops him before he could touch me."Don't you dare fucking touch her." He glances behind me, his smirk falling off his face.

"I think you heard her clearly."Klay says, coming to stand in front of me. Blocking Drew from my sight. Usually Drew was the one towering over me but now Klay towered over him and I won't deny how great it felt when I saw a bit of fear flash through his eyes.

"Leave."Klay says sternly and Drew doesn't say anything as he walks out slamming the door behind him.

"I leave for one second and you already have your ex barking at our door. Asshole" He says angrily but I could tell his anger was not directed at me but at Drew. He turns to look at me and his gaze softens." You okay?"he asks, his voice softening a bit.

I smiled softly, nodding my head."Yeah. Thanks"

He gives me a small nod in return. We stand awkwardly at the door for a moment or two before a question pops up in my head. "How come you came back earlier than expected?"I ask.

He looks at me with a look I can't quite decipher before he smiles, shaking his head."Jack had to leave with Molly, his girlfriend and I didn't want to be a third wheel so I left."He ends his statement with a little shrug.

Something told me that wasn't really why he was here but I didn't question him anymore. We settled onto the couch and continued to watch whatever was playing now, our minds focused on different things.