4

I felt like shit. My head was spinning and my tummy hurt. Slowly I got out of bed walking towards my bathroom and like always I ignored my reflection. I still couldn't look myself in the eyes.

I washed up and headed downstairs. The house was empty. Hana and Klay had headed out earlier and there was a note on the kitchen counter informing me of the time they'd be back.

This is how it has been for the past weeks now but I blame Hana's unlimited back to back party nights. We were always partying every other weekend.

So to keep myself busy I spent the next few hours organizing and reorganizing all my stuff. Finally settling in. As I grab the last of my clothes from the case my palms brush against a small box I pick it up, opening it and looking at the diamond ring that sat there with an ache in my heart.

I needed to return it to Drew soon. I should've done it when I left but I didn't. Did I still love him? No, I didn't but I just wasn't ready to let it go but I should. I knew I should.

My phone buzzed with an incoming call.Drew's name flashed across the screen causing me to sigh I declined it and decided I wasn't ready for that conversation right now.

I heard the front door open and close and soon Klay's voice filtered through the house. He was on the phone with someone and as he passed my room our eyes met. He paused for a second, giving me a look before walking away.

I lay still on my bed staring at the ceiling trying to push back the nausea I felt. Ignoring his behavior.

Klay and I had gone back to our normal. Ignoring each other and it was better that way cause I didn't have the strength in me to fight with him and I had bigger problems to deal with. Like finding myself a job and returning that damned ring back to Drew.

Hours later, Hana came home. She brought me dinner, dragging me up from the bed afterwards to take a warm bath filled with bubbles in order to make me feel better.These were moments that made me realize how much I appreciate her. I should tell her that more.

I stepped out moments later and stared at the contents she held in her hands. We exchanged a look and she held it towards me and I just stood there my mouth agape.

"Why do you have those?"I asked.

"Just in case Ri." She sighs, getting up, you have been out of it for the past days.

"It's just..a cold or something." I state ignoring her eye roll.

"When was the last time you got your period Ri?"

"I missed it last month." Hana furrowed her brows at me, her lips parting but I cut in "That doesn't mean anything Hana. It happens."

"It won't hurt to check Rian seriously."

"I don't think I could be Hana. I haven't done anything in the past weeks except that one night but as you already know it doesn't work that way."

"You may be right, Ri but you were with Drew before so just to be sure." She says, raising an eyebrow.

Reluctantly I grab the pregnancy test from her and walk into the bathroom following the instructions on the box.
Moments later we sat waiting on the bed. I was anxious. This couldn't be happening. I was late, yes but that's normal, right? It doesn't mean I'm pregnant.

"Ri." Hana calls out, placing her hand on my shoulder. "You alright."

"No." I answered truthfully.

"Relax, maybe you're right and it's nothing."

"Hmm."I walk towards the bathroom praying silently for it to be negative. It had to be negative... I felt a piece of me shatter at the sight in front of me. This couldn't be happening
.. no...no.. no..

I could feel Hana wrap her hands around me but I was too shocked by what the test read. It was positive.

I was pregnant...it was Drew's. I was having his baby again. This wasn't what I had planned for. I wasn't ready. I couldn't be a mom again. I could barely take care of myself. How was I supposed to take care of it? How was I supposed to tell Andrew?...Do I even tell Andrew?

I felt lightheaded and soon Hana's voice faded as I fell unconscious.

*.*.*

I wake up to the sound of muffled voices outside my door. I was staring at the ceiling, my palms flat on my belly. I let out a strained breath trying hard not to cry, trying hard not to think about the baby inside of me.

A part of me couldn't believe I was pregnant..no a part of me refused to believe that I was pregnant but I was and I knew I couldn't change that.

So with a heavy heart I turn to face the wall and pretend to be asleep as soon as I hear the door open. She's quiet before she finally speaks up.

"Rian I know you don't wanna talk about it right now but I just wanted you to know I'm here for you and so is Klay even if he can be a prick. I didn't tell him about it though I wanted you to do that when you're ready."she says carefully before adding "You and Drew just had a fight. Couples fight. I bet if you tell him about the baby everything will fall into place."It's gonna be okay..okay?"

I'm silent for a while, she sighs and is about to close the door when the words slip out of my lips. "We're getting a divorce Hans."

She doesn't say anything. I hear the door click shut before I feel a dip on the bed and soon she's cuddling with me. She runs her hands through my hair before speaking.

"We'll talk about this later, okay you need rest."she says.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you about it."

"It's okay Ri. Now go to sleep."

I shut my eyes tight glad that she stayed with me but deep down I wished for it to be a bad dream. One I'd wake up from by the time morning comes.