Chapter 2

It all happened too fast.

Nadia was now inside the filthy prison cell while waiting for what was ahead of her.

She looked at her wrists that were tightened with strong cords.

It's been almost four days since she was locked here and not even her father came looking for her. He couldn't even bail her out of this filthy room.

'Is he abandoning me? Haha, I guess this is what I get for being useless.'

Nadia knew that her father already adopted a son that was worthy to be an heir. If it was her father's successor, it could be anyone but her.

After all, she was just a spoiled and useless princess.

At least she knew that for herself.

But the thing she did to Trisha Bologna and feeling jealous towards her... She didn't know why she was like that.

It was like her body was obliged to do that.

"I guess I'm evil by nature. Haha!" Nadia let out a crazy laugh.

In the end, this was all her fault.

"I'm so stupid. Nadia, you're such a b'tch. A crazy b'tch." She muttered to herself.

"Lady Nadia Augusten." A knight opened the cell.

"What?"

The knight held the rope that was leashed to Nadia. "Follow me." He tugged.

Nadia followed the knight and was finally out.

She hadn't taken a bath for days and she wanted to clean herself up.

"Sir Knight, where are we going?" She asked.

"Just follow me."

Though she was out of the cell, they were still inside the palace.

They walked towards the stairs and took many steps.

"Are we there already?"

"..." The knight didn't answer.

Soon, they finally arrived at the top.

The knight opened the balcony doors and a gush of breeze greeted them.

"What?" Nadia gasped with incredulity.

She couldn't believe what she was seeing.

"The bastard finally appeared!!"

"She tried to kill Princess Trisha!!"

"Execute the witch!"

"Slice the lady's neck!!"

There were thousands of people outside as if they were gathered together just to swear at her.

Nadia saw a large guillotine placed on the balcony.

She also saw the emperor, the prince, the woman behind him, Cain, Nitro, and...

Even her father.

They were sitting together, watching her.

"What is this-"

"Nitro, put her down."

"Gahck!!"

Nadia's body was pressed down on the guillotine and her neck was placed on the wooden curve.

She looked up and the huge blade was ready to go at her anytime.

'Am I going to die?' Her eyes shook.

The prince stood up and declared at the audience,

"Lady Nadia Augusten committed a serious crime!! She pushed Princess Trisha Bologna, my fiancée to the lake! She is guilty of attempted murder!!"

'What? Princess? Fiancée?? So she was already his fiancée and a princess at that?' Nadia didn't know and she was stupid to follow her brain.

She glanced at her father and he was looking at her like a speck of dust.

The audience in front of her, the prince announcing her crime, the woman who's crying, the man who's pressing her down, and the sharp blade that's pointing down at her...

It was like she was treated as the worst villainess of a novel at some point.

It felt cliché.

"Why are you doing this to me?! Can't you even at least listen to my explanation?!" Nadia yelled, as if it was her last retort for feeling such shame.

"You tried to kill my fiancée so you should pay for it."

"I- But I only did that because I love you!!" She screamed.

That's right. She was in love with him.

If only she didn't love him, she wouldn't have felt jealous. And she wouldn't have been so stupid to do  that thing.

"Off with her head!!" The prince didn't even listen to her.

"I-!"

*SLASH!!*

...

"AAAAGHHHH!!!"

Nadia screamed as she sat up from her bed.

"Hah, hah, hah??"

She panted heavily and was sweating a lot.

As she looked at her surrounding, she was confused.

"I, huh? What happened?"

She touched her neck.

She still remembered the blade that fell at the back of her nape. It was sharp.

Nadia had goosebumps.

She looked at her hands. Close, open, close, open.

She was still alive.

"Was that a nightmare?"

It was too lucid to consider it as a nightmare. She remembered it all too well.

She knew it wasn't just a dream.

There was no way that blade that cut her neck wasn't real.

It really happened.

She died and came back.

"Date. What's the date today-"

Nadia threw aside the blanket and stood up like a madman.

She checked the calendar with a panicked face.

"1st day of spring year 512...?"

If she remembered it correctly, it was around the time when she was searching for the sapphire earrings. And three weeks later would be the time when she would buy it in an auction.

She came back one month before her execution date.

Nadia felt a sense of relief.

"Haha, haha! I'm alive! I'm not dead! I'm back!!" She hugged herself, feeling glad that she wasn't hurt in some sort.

She doesn't know why she came back suddenly but she was happy.

Now that she knows her future, she won't do bad things anymore.

She won't be in love with the prince and she won't be jealous with anyone.

She will treat everyone kindly and do everything even stepping down as an heir or daughter of the Archduke as long as she doesn't die.

Experiencing death once made her change into a new leaf.

She didn't want to die with shame again. Never.

And doing something like pushing Trisha to the lake? Nope. She'd rather be a nun than doing that.

'Nun? That's a nice idea.'

"Yes. I will live peacefully this time and surely survive!!" She clenched her first with determination.