Chapter 21

||•|• Eunid Augusten •|•||

"Pardon me but, who are you?"

"Pay your respects, Eunid. He's Archduke Augusten."

"Augusten?"

"My name is Nadia. Nadia Augusten!"

Immediately, I bowed. "I apologize for the rudeness, Archduke."

"It's fine. Raise your head."

I glanced at the Archduke and noticed that his features were truly similar to her.

Nadia.

Even though ten years have passed, there was no way I could forget her easily like that. After all, she was my savior.

"What brought you here, Archduke?"

"It's simple. I want to adopt you." He had a slight grin.

'Adopt?'

Why would he need to adopt me when he already has a daughter? I thought Nadia was his successor. Nobles are more complicated than I thought.

"I heard that you have a daughter, your highness."

"Ah, yes." His expression suddenly changed in an instant. He had the same disappointed expression like my father who used to abuse me back then.

I was curious.

What happened to her? Why didn't she come back after that day? Why did she save me? Where is she now?

My mind was bombarded with questions.

"I have some.. let's say, dire circumstances. I am in need of a capable successor right now and it doesn't have to be directly related to me biologically."

"What about your daughter?"

"She is not capable enough to bear my name." His gaze darkened.

Not capable he says... I couldn't seem to understand that part. Maybe she has changed.

But I could care less about that.

My desire to meet and see her was greater than being the heir to the Archduke. I wanted to ask her so many questions and talk to her so bad.

The image of the brave little girl ten years ago was still engraven deep in my heart that no matter how much I close my eyes, I still see her bright blue eyes staring at me.

I couldn't refuse the offer.

"I will gladly do it, your highness."

The Archduke patted my shoulder and said, "Call me father."

...

Finally.

I can finally see her.

When I arrived at the mansion, I was surprised. It was huge and beautiful, unlike my house in the middle of the forest a long time ago.

"Welcome, young master." The butler greeted me as well as a few maids from behind.

I just nodded in response and gave them a smile.

"Let's go meet Nadia."

"!!!"

This was it. The moment I've been waiting for.