Chapter 17

Nadia never imagined that she'd be seeing the younger version of Kahill again.

Looking at him, he really was already handsome at such a young age. And he also looked innocent.

Kahill wondered why she was staring blankly at him while smiling so he avoided her gaze.

In the back of her mind,

Nadia wanted to break that tiny neck of his.

'I wonder how it would feel.' She clenched her fist.

"Lady Nadia?" The queen called her.

"Ah." She was back in the present. "I apologize, your majesty. My mind was wandering somewhere else." She bowed.

"Oho, what were you thinking so intently about, Lady Nadia?" The queen chuckled.

"I just thought that the prince really looks handsome. I'm guessing he inherited his beauty from you." Nadia smiled.

Her flatteries were as smooth as butter. No flaws at all.

"Oh my, you are really an amusing lady." The queen had an impressed expression.

"Anywho, I'll be leaving the two of you to have some fun. And Kahill, do tour her around the palace grounds. Be careful."

"Yes, mother queen." Kahill responded.

"Thank you, your majesty." Nadia bowed.

After that, the queen left. And so did the servants.

The escort knights were left behind, but they stood guard far from them, ensuring privacy.

"...."

"...."

If Kahill won't start a conversation, then this whole situation would be swallowed by silence because Nadia didn't have plans to initiate a conversation in the first place.

'I prefer a silent walk like this.'

"Ahem. Lady Nadia, wasn't it?" Kahill suddenly started talking.

If Nadia could bear the silence, then Kahill was opposite. He was dying from awkwardness.

'Sh't. He should've just stayed quiet.'

Now Nadia had to respond.

"You can just call me Nadia, your highness." She smiled.

"You."

"Yes, your highness." She maintained the smile.

"I hate it. Don't smile. It looks fake. You can drop your act."

After Kahill said that, Nadia's smiling face dropped. Her mask fell off just like he wanted.

'He's only eleven at this time but he's pretty sharp. I wonder why he turned stupid when he fell in love with Trisha.'

Now, Nadia was just staring flatly at him without any interest.

"So it's true. You were faking your smile earlier!" He pointed at her as if he just discovered a crime.

"And I didn't say it was real either. Fair play." Nadia replied.

"Is this your real personality?"

"I'm sorry to disappoint you but it is."

"I don't want you to be my playmate anymore. I'm telling my mother."

"Sure."

"S-Sure? That's all you have to say? But- weren't you the one who wanted to be my playmate?" Kahill was confused.

"Oh right, I did do that." Nadia forgot.

"You're really weird."

"I'm sorry if I am." Nadia rolled her eyes.

"Y-You! Did you just roll your eyes at me?"

Nadia was tired of facing this childish personality.

"Your highness, do you want to know something interesting?" Her lips suddenly crept upwards.

"What?" Seeing her expression like that, Kahill turned curious.

"You see,"

Nadia grinned.

"I'm from the future."

"Wha- you must be crazy. Are you alright?"

"..."

"Hello?"

"Ah, you got me. I am a bit crazy. Too bad you figured it out." Nadia shrugged.

"You're really weird. So weird."

"Yes, yes."

Suddenly, Nadia realized something.

The fact that she returned ten years ago in the past...

Won't it mean she can just change her future?

She looked at Kahill and stepped closer towards him.

"Your highness, do you want to make a deal with me?"

That's right.

While Kahill and the others are still young at this time, Nadia can just manipulate her way through and through in order to die in a nice, sure way.

She needed to have a meticulous plan wherein she needs to survive for a few years while finding out how to die without returning back in time.

"!?... W-What?" He stepped backwards, surprised at her going close towards him

The prince is still eleven at the moment. Nadia thought that it was easy to brainwash this boy in order to make her plans successful.

"A deal with a win-win situation. Do you want to hear it?"

"Win-win... So I won't lose anything in the end."

"Yup!" Nadia smiled.

"....What is it?"

'Good. He's curious.'

"You're gonna be mad if you hear it the first time but after you hear my explanation, you're going to want to say yes."

"Just tell me already." He scratched his head in annoyance.

Nadia took a step closer and leaned her sly face towards him.

"Your highness, marry m-"

"Excuse me."

Before Nadia could continue her proposal, a certain someone interfered with them.

Looking at the direction to where the voice came from, Nadia saw a familiar face.

'Eunid?'