Chapter 4

"GYAAAAHHHH!!!"

Nadia bolted out of her bed with a scream.

*Slam!*

"My lady! What happened?!" A maid rushed to her.

Nadia looked around her with panic and discovered that she was in her room once again.

"Huh? What?" She was speechless.

"My lady, are you alright?" The maid looked worried.

Nadia looked at the maid with a blank expression.

She had no idea what was happening right now. Nadia's face was full of confusion and panic.

She remembers it.

She remembered the way she died before waking up.

It was the guillotine again. That sharp blade cut her neck off.

She touched her neck carefully.

"What's the date today?" Nadia asked subtly.

"Pardon? Oh, um, it's the first day of spring in year 512." The maid reaponded.

She really is back.

"Out."

"Pardon?" The maid didn't hear her.

Nadia glared at the maid.

"Get out!!"

"!!" The maid flinched and hurriedly left the room.

*Clack*

Nadia recalled the things she experienced before dying. She knew that it wasn't just a silly dream.

First, she died because of attempted murder. And yes, it's true since she did it out of jealousy.

*SLASH!*

"!!!" She had goosebumps remembering the sound of the blade getting released.

Her hands trembled- no, her whole body did.

After that, she woke up again and chose to change.

She stepped down as an heir and she didn't pester the crown prince like she did in the past.

She just went to a restaurant and drank tea and bam! She got suspected for trying to poison Trisha just because she was solely there.

She didn't even know they were there in the first place.

She just wanted to eat.

And when she got locked up in the imperial prison, she heard news that the sugar cube she gave her at that time had poison and the waiter even testified of it.

She didn't know why but it became like that even though she did nothing wrong in the first place.

So Nadia had no way out and she stayed there for three weeks and got executed.

And now, she's back again.

"Haha." She laughed. Perhaps because of how funny her situation is.

It was like life was playing with her.

She was thinking on how to live this time once again.

Nadia bit her nail. "I need to survive. I must avoid them no matter what."

And by avoiding them, she meant that she'll never leave her room until her execution date passes.

She rang the bell at her bedside and the same maid entered again.

"You called, my lady."

"Inform the head maid and butler that I'll be having my meal inside my room from now on."