Chapter 11

'....'

"Rest my ass. You call this rest?"

Nadia groaned as she found herself in her room again.

She couldn't believe that she got scammed by that old lady.

1st day of spring in year 512...

"If life still covets you after you consume that, the only thing I can say to you is to find the answer yourself."

"Ughh..."

'Favored by death and coveted by life? The f'ck is with that?' Nadia scratched her head.

"Seeking for true peace huh. But death is my peace!"

*Sigh*

"Maybe I should just give up and wait to be executed again. And I'll do whatever I want til then..."

It was actually a good idea.

Nadia was exhausted looking for ways to die since she always end up failing anyways.

She already tried various suicides murders. And she was pretty tired of thinking right now.

"I'm so tired..."

*Knock* *Knock*

"Sister? It's me."

'??'

She wondered why Eunid came looking for her first thing right after she came back.

It was unusual.

Usually, it was Horen who looked for her at this time.

'Did something change?'

"Come in."

*Creak*

Eunid opened the door and walked inside.

"Are you feeling alright?" He asked.

"Huh? Me? Of course, why wouldn't I be?" Nadia responded.

"I'm glad."

Nadia realized that this was their first time conversing with each other in this life.

If she remembered it correctly, Eunid was already staying in the Archduke's mansion for about a week.

'And he's already comfortable with calling me "sister"? Ah, maybe my father told him to do that.'

But Nadia was also curious about what Eunid said in the past few lives.

How did he come to like her?

Have they met each other before?

'I'm sure we didn't.' No matter how hard she tries to recall, she didn't remember meeting him at all.

"By the way, it's our first time meeting each other right?"

"Huh? Oh, yes." He flinched.

"I'm glad you're already comfortable with me. You can call me "sister" like you did earlier. Or just Nadia if you feel like it."

"Ah, no. "Sister" works for me. And I apologize for barging in your room without prior notice." Eunid bowed.

"It's fine. We're gonna be family anyways. Thanks for worrying." She smiled.

Nadia noticed that whenever Eunid is around, she always gets to smile.

'Probably because he's the only one who talks to me comfortably..'

Not even her father initiates their conversation like Eunid did.

"Then, I'll see you at lunch, sister."