Thirty Four: How Serious Can It Be

(:~Please vote and comment throughout the chapter~:)

Once we had gotten into some pyjamas we sat down for a talk.

I am sitting across from James, about two feet apart.

"So..." he trails off.

I chuckle from the awkwardness. "I just think that we should think about this before we rush into something" I explain to him.

He nods, "I think that you need to figure out your feelings first before we do anything" he tells me.

That was the thing. I finally figured them out. I know exactly what I want and it's him. I realized that I can't keep dragging him on and I can't stand doing that anymore. I don't know when I decided this, but I want to be his Darling. For real. I know that it is kinda stupid that I am just finding this out now, but I realized that I need James a lot more than I thought.

"Darling, what are you thinking about?" He snaps me out of my thoughts.

I look up to be needed with his beautiful face. He had this perfectly sculpted jaw. It made him that much more attractive. Everything about him never failed to amaze me. He had this smile that made me smile, so contagious.

"Us" I whisper loud enough for him to hear me.

His eyes spark with curiosity. "What about us?" He smiles.

I shrug, "Us being together. I've been thinking. Maybe I can give this a shot" I gesture to us.

He grins ear to ear. "You're not messing with me, right?" He asks, his expression slightly changing to worry.

"I'm serious. I know I've been kind of ignoring this whole problem, but I needed to tell you this" I play with the silver bracket on my wrist. I know this so sudden but I for the longest time it has always been there in the back of my head; the idea of us being together.

He smiles, "So you'll be my girlfriend?" He confirms.

I shrug, "I guess I could live with it" I say, humour laced in my voice.

He shakes his head, processing all this new information.

He moves so that he is sitting beside me, "This is the best news I have heard all day" he reaches up and brushes a lock of my brown hair out of my hair.

"Can you just do me one favour?" I ask.

He nods, "Of course, my Darling" he places his hand in the side of my face.

"Let's keep this a secret until we get back to New York. I want you to take me on a real date before we get into anything" I tell him.

He keeps smiling, "Of course, anything for you" he leans forward and kisses my forehead.

"Thank you" I whisper to him.

"Come on. You need to get some sleep, Missy" he lifts the covers so I can get under.

He gets under too and reaches over me, turning off the lap.

He lays on his back and I cuddle up to him, resting my head on his bare chest.

He wraps his arm around me and the other running through my hair.

"Good night" he whispers.

I look up at him and push myself forward a bit so that my lips land on his.

I pull away and smile, "Good night" I whisper back.

~

"Well look at the little cuddle fest they're having over there" that's the voice I woke up to and so did James, except he was livid.