Forty One || His Kisses

It was the morning after our little fight and James was already pissing me off.

"Baby" James gently shakes me awake.

I groan and roll on to my stomach. I feel his rough hands slip underneath the hem of my shirt and start to knead my back. Even though I was still a bit mad, I knew that he knew that I was under a lot of stress at the moment, with school, my family and James and all.

His hands move away from the middle of my back to the curves in my hips. I suddenly feel his lips on the back of my neck. "You're so beautiful" he mumbles against my skin.

I roll over onto my back and look at him. He smiles and gently places his hand on the side of my face. He leans down and delicately presses his lips to mine.

"I'm sorry" he tells me.

I bite the inside of my cheek as I think.

Really, I didn't know what to say at the moment, he has just been making me so mad lately and I just don't know what to do about it.

He opened his mouth to speak again, but someone opened his bedroom door before he had the chance.

"James Henderson, where is your shirt? And why isn't it on you?" his mother questions him.

He smirks at his Mom. Suddenly his Father appears behind his wife, placing his hand on her shoulder.

"I'll get this one, Honey" He tells her.

She nods and goes back downstairs.

William comes in and shuts the door behind him.

"Son, why aren't you wearing a shirt? You are in the presence of a lady" he cross his arms across his chest.

He smirks at me and then to his dad, "She's seen me in less."

As soon as he utters those words my jaw drops.

His dad rolls his eyes, "Put on a shirt, you horndog" he tells him and leaves almost immediately.

As soon as door shut, James burst into laughter, but I didn't. I was so completely embarrassed.

"Seriously?!" I shout at him.

He stands up and slides his pants off, leaving him in his underwear.

"Relax sweetheart, he knows it's a joke" he smiles at me as pulls on some jeans.

He sits on the edge on the bed and grabs a shirt out of the suitcase.

"But, you weren't joking" I tell him.

He pats beside him on the bed. "Come sit" he tells me.

I move up and sit down beside him.

He looks at me and smiles, "Of course I wasn't joking, but he doesn't know that. You definitely know that I wasn't" he leans over and kisses my cheek. "Don't worry about it, alright" He pats my thigh.

He stands up, "Now get whatever stuff you have and put it back in the suitcase because right after breakfast, we're going home. I've got a class this afternoon" he tells me and leaves the room, shutting the door behind him.

One minute he's making me the most furious person in the world and the next he's making me want to kiss him.

He has got to be one of the most confusing people I have ever met.

I pack my stuff up and anything that James didn't get and zip it and stand it up.

I drag my feet downstairs to be met with the strong smell of bacon.