Chapter 1

"MINE!" I shout as I lower my body under the ball, tipping it just over the net, ensuring the win

My teammates run to me as soon as the buzzer goes off.  Chants were heard all around the gym.

"Tini you did it." My best friend on the team shouts jumping with the rest of the team.

"Actually we did it." I shout back jumping along with them.

Our celebration was halted due to us having to show sportsmanship. We quickly fell in line behind the coach and did our 'good games' with the other players before huddling up with the coach and the rest of the team.

"First off, good games ladies. You all worked hard over the summer and in training camps and it seems as if it's paid off. Do not let this first win go to your heads, we still have a whole season to play."

Our coach continues on with her speech as I skim over the crowd looking for my parents. It takes a while to spot them but there they are looking proud as ever. I continue to look over the gym looking for familiar faces. I spot some of my friends before my attention is brought back to the huddle.

"Alright Tini, shout us out."

I instantly say our infamous slogan before throwing my hand into the pile.

"FAMILY" the team shouts as all of our hands flew up.

I make my way to the locker room with the rest of the girls and change into my warm up. I was beyond tired and could not wait to go home and eat my papa's famous homemade chicken Alfredo.

I make my way out of the locker room and up to where my family was.

"I'm tired" I say as I wrap my arms around my mother.

"Oh I bet you are Sweets you played hard." she says as she instantly reciprocates my hug placing a small kiss on the top of my head.

"Yeah a little too hard, how's the knee?" my papa asks as he pulls me out of my moms embrace and into his. 

"It's okay papa, just sore." I answer once I pull away from the hug .

"Good, are you ready to go?" he asks, grabbing my bag from me.

"Yes please." I respond

We quickly make our exit to the parking lot. Once we got to the car I notice some of my friends hanging out by their cars.

"I'm gonna go say bye to Cat and Noah" I quickly tell my parents before jogging over to the two.

Once I make it, I quickly gave them both a hug.

"You played good Tini, and your butt looks amazing" Cat speaks. I laughed and thank her.

Cat is literally my other half. We are together 9 times out of ten. I'm actually the one who introduced her to Noah. I remember the night like it was yesterday. I threw a kickback and once she saw Noah she knew she wanted him and here they are today. Her and Noah just recently started getting serious with their situationship and I'm here for it.

"Oh my gosh is that my fake best friend." I roll my eyes and turn around and I'm met with my favorite white kid.

"Remmy shut up" I say back. Rem and I have known each other since elementary school. We became friends when he cut off a little girl's ponytail because she pulled my hair. Since then we've been close.

"You played good best, but you gotta stop busting your knees. I'm telling you they will be so trash when you're old." he says, wrapping his arm around my neck.

"yeah yeah I know." I reply back. I then notice that some other friends are also with him.

"wassup Tini" Sebastian greets. The other one sent me a wave and I sent one right back. I don't recognize this new face. He seems new? Or maybe I just don't pay attention.

"Alright Remmy get yo heavy arm up off of me I gotta go." I say removing Rem's arm off of me.

"Not too much ugly lil girl. Be safe G ball." he says, hugging me once more and sending me on my way.

I quickly send him a 'you too' back before jogging to the car and hopping in.

The ride home is full of game recaps, laughs and regular family talk. Once we make it home my papa prepares my dinner while I take my much needed shower. Once I make it back downstairs my food was sitting at the island waiting for me and so was my mother. I take my seat beside her and quickly bless my food.

"Where's dad ?" I ask my mom as I tear up my food.

"He is packing, he and uncle Santi have to go out of town for a couple of days." she answers back as she ran her fingers through my curls. My mom is my best friend. I love her to pieces, same with my papa. I know they both love me very much and would do literally anything to see me happy.

"Will he be back before Friday's game?" I asks. My dad is my lucky charm but he doesn't know that. He's been at every game and every time he's there I play my best. My relationship with my dad is just as important as my relationship with my mom but I am definitely a daddy's girl.

"I'm sure he will Sweets, you know he wouldn't miss it for the world." Her response calms my nerves a little bit.

I let out a small breath of relief before continuing to eat my dinner. Once I finish I get up and wash my dish and head upstairs with my mom

"I love you mommy, good night." I say giving her a tight hug before heading the opposite direction and into my room. I quickly strip out of my PJs and get into bed.

I pull my phone out and shoot Remmy a text. I was curious to know who his new friend was

______________________

Remmington

Remmington

Gabriellla

Who was the boy that was with you tonight?

Whoo? Marc Anthonie ?

                                                        Hmmmm

Marc Anthonie.... I like that

Is he single??

I don't know best, you want me to put you on ?

                                                                        Idk yet maybe.

­­­­____________